GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Front emblem removal help

steven.yakimo

Passed Driver's Ed

how in the hell do you get this thing off. Every video I see does not help at all. Someone point me in the right direction

steven.yakimo

Passed Driver's Ed
I got up to trying to take the screen off to get to those 3 clips. Can't seem how to get passed that. Video doesn't show how to do it just shows what he did

Deepflip

Ready to race!
Idk about the gti but with the r emblem i had to cut thru the (bottom clips)plastic since it was "welded" to the grill.

steven.yakimo

Passed Driver's Ed
I mean I have a replacement badge so I don't mind fuckin breakin the stock one off if the new one just slips right in and turns

Deepflip

Ready to race!
Yea once its off u just clip it right in and twist it till its straight

Just make sure u dont mess up the clips that are on the grill tho.

Irishbri

Go Kart Champion
I did this a few weeks ago, and was also frustrated by the lack of a decent DIY video or text walkthrough....alas I found out why by doing it...there seems to be no truly easy way....after spending a good hour getting the grill separated, it still boiled down to kinda forcing the old emblem off by twisting counter clockwise.....then reversing that for the new emblem.....in hind sight I could have done the same thing without removing the grill in the first place....but with it apart at least I could see what was happening as i turned....

Irishbri

Go Kart Champion

Irishbri

Go Kart Champion
I am eventually going to pick up red a GTI badge for the front...and the following week I let my son PlastiDip the rear....and i like it, though I will probably wind up getting new emblems at some point....

Irishbri

Go Kart Champion

steven.yakimo

Passed Driver's Ed
I've got the same front emblem coming. So if I just twist it counter clockwise it will come off with some elbow grease? Also I did the same thing to my rear emblems and decals but I removed them before plasti dip. Came out better.

Marcvanj

Passed Driver's Ed
what i do which takes a little longer but i know i wont break anything is i unclip all the small clips holding the pieces of the part together. By this i mean try to take the front off the back of the whole piece by unclipping all the small pieces along the whole piece. once you have removed the fron from the back you will be able to easily access the emblem and remove it without any difficulty

steven.yakimo

Passed Driver's Ed

Here's my gti. It's lowered , tinted all 5 windows, k&N cold air intake. Got a custom euro plate. Yella fogs, new inter cooler, next week I'm gonna change this front emblem and install a forge blow off valve.

Irishbri

Go Kart Champion
That's a sweet ride Steven!
The guy who gave me the new badge demonstrated by just turning his counter-clockwise while on his car....however mine didn't seem to want to budge and I was afraid I was gonna break it. SO, Even though separating the grill was a major p.i.t.a., I am glad I did because once I took everything apart I could see that it was held on in three places and I could watch for any undue stress on the molded clips as I turned....