GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

From Chicago to Los Angeles

Arash007ir

Ready to race!
Yeah I was worried about that too :D, I took it out for a test drive today to see if water temperture goes up more than usual, and everything seemed to be normal. There is a bit of space between the bumper and the lower part of the grill. I'm not sure if that's enough, I might take it off :D

Take the 2nd route in your other post, that follows the old Route 66 - Its a good drive .

I looked into route 66, seems exciting. I gotta have to make a phone call tonight, probably gotta have to make a stop in Sacramento. If this is going to be the case I might take I-80, it seems closer to Sacramento.

Last edited:

RIP335

Go Kart Champion
Car's taped up and is ready. I'm leaving tomorrow .

Kinda looks like an "R" :lol:

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
Chicago to Denver in one day is pretty far, though maybe not impossible(we actually drove from Road America in Elkhart Lake, WI to Denver, which is ~3-4 hours north of Chicago, leaving late morning ended up stopping somewhere around Lincoln or something overnight, and got to Denver middle of the afternoon, 3 drivers. We had to break since we were crewing a F-BMW team and basically pretty tired to start) . From Denver on though I'd expect the travel be slower since the road are no longer straight and arrow(at least relatively speaking).

The Corn Field stretch (Neb, Iowa) is going to be the most mind-numbing drive....In the rental it was basically pinned to the 110mph governor and refill every 200-250 miles(2004 Pontiac Grand Prix), you can see so far away that its easy to spot the cops on an arrow straight road.

Arash007ir

Ready to race!
Sooo, what an exhuasting day. I left home around 7 in the moring, got stuck in traffic for about an hour by the time I got to an open road it was 8:30 . I drove for 12 hours 1000 Kilometers (don't know how much is that in Miles, changed everything to KM in my car)
made two half an hour stops for gas and lunch, but didin't make it to Denver, it's was half past eight and the GPS was indicating 600 KM left and I'll get there by 2 A.M. so I'm staying in a nice hotel in a small town called Great Island in Nebraska.
Speed limit was kinda ridiculous, most of the way it was 60-65 mph, but in Nebraska it was 75 mph. As far as scenery goes, well there was none, absolutely nothing to look at. I probably gotta have to make another stop (1440 miles left), I guess it would be in Salt Lake City in Utah .
Tape's hoding up pretty good :D

micah360

Ready to race!
yeah... Nebraska sucks. You should have a nice drive through Colorado though. It's supposed to be 60ish and sunshine here Wednesday and Thursday.

The drive from Denver to Grand Junction is awesome. There's a canyon about an hour or so past Vail that is freaking sweat (Glenwood Canyon). I-70 is elevated over the Colorado River for awhile as it snakes through the cayon.

Be prepared... everyone drives fast as hell through the mountains on I-70. Also... notice the ease at which your 2.0T will pull you up and over the passes. You'll be passing everyone, just make sure you keep your revs up a bit. :happyanim:

I'm jealous, I wish I was driving my GTI through that portion of the Rockies tomorrow :( Have fun.

Sooo, what an exhuasting day. I left home around 7 in the moring, got stuck in traffic for about an hour by the time I got to an open road it was 8:30 . I drove for 12 hours 1000 Kilometers (don't know how much is that in Miles, changed everything to KM in my car)
made two half an hour stops for gas and lunch, but didin't make it to Denver, it's was half past eight and the GPS was indicating 600 KM left and I'll get there by 2 A.M. so I'm staying in a nice hotel in a small town called Great Island in Nebraska.
Speed limit was kinda ridiculous, most of the way it was 60-65 mph, but in Nebraska it was 75 mph. As far as scenery goes, well there was none, absolutely nothing to look at. I probably gotta have to make another stop (1440 miles left), I guess it would be in Salt Lake City in Utah .
Tape's hoding up pretty good :D

Last edited:

Arash007ir

Ready to race!
Well I'm back in Chicago, Here is my Tape job after more than 5000 KM . Held up pretty good after driving on Windy Snowy Icy Rainy roads for 5 days.

Arash007ir

Ready to race!
Well I was staying in Salt lake city (UT) getting some rest for my last day drive to CA, then I got a call that there's something leaking from my apartment, so I had to come back or they're going to go in by themselves to check what is the problem:mad0259: turned out it wasn't even from my unit :mad: anyways some trip.

and yes I got a $150 ticket for doing 90 .

RIP335

Go Kart Champion
Well I was staying in Salt lake city (UT) getting some rest for my last day drive to CA, then I got a call that there's something leaking from my apartment, so I had to come back or they're going to go in by themselves to check what is the problem:mad0259: turned out it wasn't even from my unit :mad: anyways some trip.

and yes I got a $150 ticket for doing 90 .

No! That sucks... But that's an obvious sign saying "don't go to Cali".

Arash007ir

Ready to race!
I took the car to the carwash today and there's a little glue left from the tape on various parts of the bonnet and the bumper. Is there something (solvent) that I can wipe the glue off easily without damaging the paint, I don't really want to scratch the paint rubbing it off. After all the the whole point of the tape was to protect the paint.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
I took the car to the carwash today and there's a little glue left from the tape on various parts of the bonnet and the bumper. Is there something (solvent) that I can wipe the glue off easily without damaging the paint, I don't really want to scratch the paint rubbing it off. After all the the whole point of the tape was to protect the paint.

Goo gone