GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

From a MK4 to a MK5

chrisr

Just thought I would start a thread on my my GT TDi.

After owning a few MK4 Golf's & spending money on them to mod them I decided this time when I sold the Golf I would hold out for a standard GT TDi 140,

I looked at a few & even some 1.9 TDi sport's but none of them seemed right for me, Then one day I saw what looked to be a nice genuine example on Ebay, It was in Ilkeston in Derbyshire (About 80 miles from me)

I rang it up & made arrangements to go & see it the next day after I finished work. It took me about 2 hours or so to get there due to the rush hour traffic, Anyway when I got there I had a good look round it & took it for a test drive,

I found it hard to fault the car so when negotiation time came I couldnt really say too much negative about it but I started with a low offer & ended up paying £5900 for it.

The car is a 04 plate GT TDi, 2 previous owners (One being VW as it was a demo car), 92070 miles, Full service history (last done in November 2009 at 91500 miles, On the last service it had new discs & pads all round, 3 new Pirelli tyres, it also had its timing belt done at 81000 miles,

12 Months MOT, Taxed till end of October, All previous MOT Papers & tax discs.

The spec of the car is far better than my mk4 with, Auto light's, Auto wipers', Auto dim interior mirror, 16" Alloys,front arm rest with 6 disc cd changer, Overall im really happy with the car & how it drives.

Not had time to take my own pics yet so ill use the ones from the sale advert, But first a couple of my last 2 MK4's

The silver one was a 1.8t GTi, Bought it totally standard & did every thing you see above.

The next was my last car before the MK5, Its a GT TDi 130, Again bought it totally standard in Feb 2010 & did everything you see to it,

Now for the MK5

Last edited:

chrisr

The MK5 will look just as good, Got a set of Votex side skirts for it already, Just need to decide on what wheels its having & then get the GTi bumper

James G

Spool makes me drool.
Car(s)
'06 CW GTI 3DR
keep at it man :)