GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Free Satellite Radio?

griss1310

Touring Car Champion
I pick up my mkv tomorrow, and I am getting Sirius. Do our cars come with free satellite radio for a few months? How do you activate it after the free trial period? Thanks,

big papa

Oval Newbie
I just got my car and seem to have a few satellite channels already. Is that normal, I haven't called Sirius yet.:iono:

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
call sirius, tell them u jsut bought the car and ask for trial.

but if im corrected, sirius doesnt give u all their channels for trial lol, thats XM.

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
What I heard is you need to ask your salesman for some promotion code so that when your activating your new service they ask you for the code and that gives you 3 free months. I know this is the case with XM when my mom got her Murano, nissan gave her 3 free months.

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
I already had an account with Sirius, and just activated my car stereo today. I called them up, gave them my vin, they sent some number to my stereo, I told them the number to verify, and they activated it and offered me 3 months free. After that it will be 6 bucks per month to what i'm already paying, charged as a 2nd unit. I got all the channels.

tydale3

Rally Car Champion
I dont understand paying for radio service. You can burn a MP3 cd with 150 songs on it. then do it 5 more times and have 900+ songs to rumage through or put on mix mode.

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
tydale3 said:
I dont understand paying for radio service. You can burn a MP3 cd with 150 songs on it. then do it 5 more times and have 900+ songs to rumage through or put on mix mode.

That is true, but there are alot of things about Sat Radio that make it worth $13.00 bucks a month. I personally like Howard Stern, and you can't get him anywhere but on Sat. The other talk/sports/comedy/political programming is pretty good too. As far as music goes, I have maybe 600 songs I've collected in MP3 format, back when Napster was alive and kickin, and I've heard them all. Downloading music is an annoying process, and I wouldn't even know what songs to download from other genres like classic rock, 80's music etc... I mean if I just liked new music then I wouldn't bother with Satellite, but I've had Sirius since December 05 and have become a fan of so much older stuff, and other genres I didn't even know about. I must admitt I am addicted to the 80's channel, and I can sing way to many songs from there lineup.

:headbang:

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
My new GMC Denali had it already had XM activated. It had a 90 day trail period. The period went away and so did the service. A month later they called and asked me to re-activate and would give free re-activate and a years service for $10 less a month for a year.

I could never get 100% signal all the time and refused to pay any price and told them that. "If I get 50% coverage/signal that's all I'd pay 50%."
They called again a month later and offered me even less! I'm not interested in paying for a radio that still has a form of advertisement, even if it's theirs!
It's tapes. CD, iPod or the standard radio - fuck 'em!

No matter where I was... on the wide open highway or under the trees I'd get no signal alot of the time. No thanks!