GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Frankenturbo question...

Das22m3

The car as it sits is An 09 Gti with downpipe to stock rear muffler, stage 2 carbonio, stage 2 clutch kit, Spulen catch can, dogbone upgrade and new stock internals.

Other than the tune what else would be needed to add a Frankenturbo?

Thanks in advance for the input...

Stranded in Daytona

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 2 door TR GTI
If you want to get the max out of it you will need:

Golf R Map Sensor
RS4 FPRV
Upgraded HPFP (APR/Autotech internals)
Intercooler upgrade (APR intercooler core/Forge Twintercooler)
Tuning of some kind (Eurodyne Maestro)

Highly Recommended: Manual Boost Controller

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
OP says this is an 09 GTI which would be a TSI so no HPFP needed.

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
Personally I recommend upgraded injectors, but with the RS4 PRV you technicallyddon't need to do them. But your ceiling will be limited.

This. I'm k04 on stock injectors, and I max on fueling at 5500 rpm, which leaves power to had still. If my industry ever picks up (oil) I'll get upgraded injectors.

k04 and stuff.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
The point is you don't need to run upgraded injectors, the RS4 PRV gives the stock injectors the little extra space in fueling needed and as long as your tune accounts for that it will be fine (as Stranded said), but if you are looking to really get power and "max" out a K04 or F23T you do need to upgrade them (as Strieg said).

In the end it just depends on what your trying to do and how much power your trying to make. Technically all you need is the RS4 PRV and Golf R/3 bar map sensor (on a TSI), but you will be limiting what kind of numbers you can make with it and also pushing your hardware fairly hard. As stated above an upgraded intercooler is highly recommended, but like I said it really just depends on what your end goal is. I believe in over building, easier on your system as a whole and leaves room to grow down the line

Das22m3

I have an Intercooler lined up and soon to be on its way. My overall goal is to have a reliable mostly daily Jeckyl and Hyde car. I drive 45 minutes on the highway each way per day.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
I have an Intercooler lined up and soon to be on its way. My overall goal is to have a reliable mostly daily Jeckyl and Hyde car. I drive 45 minutes on the highway each way per day.

Honestly, if that's what you're goal is I would go with a K04 over a FT. They are a very reliable and proven turbo with more support than any other turbo out there. Literally every tuner has a file for it and with an Intercooler, Golf R map sensor and the RS4 PRV you can definitely have your Jeckyl and Hyde daily. It's your money so do what you will but I've been doing this a long time and just about everyone on here will back me up on this.

Das22m3

Yes sir, the 09 is being built now and a couple other goodies....
03 Audi Allroad 2.7t, 04 Audi A6 2.7t factory 6mt (not on the road going stage 3) and the baby 05 Sl 55 AMG.