GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Found my GTI replacement, introducing my 997.2 C2

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Earlier this year I decided to add an NC Miata PRHT to the stable

Was going to split time between that and the GTI.

The Miata ended up being too one dimensional, I just didn’t enjoy driving it more than 30 mins away due to the road noise and edgy highway manners. It was a hoot around town.

Well a few months ago I sold the PRHT (for $2k more than I bought it), and decided to get back into a 911.

This summer I started looking for a 911, focusing on 997 and 991’s.

After three False starts, two bad PPIs and a dealer that sold a car out from under me, I got lucky and found a gem.

Found one on PCA Mart from an enthusiast, 2009 911 C2 w/ 43k miles. Caught it at the right time, was listed about 24 hours before.

PPI found a slight leak at the thermostat, so I will change that and the WP.

DME was clean as a whistle with nothing over an ignition 2.

Build:

BASE911 Carrera
267Self Dimming Mirrors
342Heated Front Seats
4313-Spoke Str Whl Multifctn lthr
541Seat Ventilation
603Dynamic Cornering Lights
619Bluetooth Phone Interface
672Navigation Module for PCM
680Bose High End Sound Package
686XM Radio
810Floor Mats in Interior Color
870Universal Audio Interface
ANBlack Standard Leather
P15Pwr Comfort Seats w/Driver Mem
X1Arctic Silver Metallic
XSCPorsche Crest in Headrest

Here are some pics, can’t wait to get it home.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
It had some nice company on the ride over.

Was hoping they would have given me this other silver Porsche.

Super happy with the car, cleaner than I expected. Very minty!

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Congrats, thats a great replacement. Its nice to see people take a giant leap while replacing their GTIs.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Really nice. I love the gauges.

Thanks, Jim! They are awesome.

Congrats, thats a great replacement. Its nice to see people take a giant leap while replacing their GTIs.

I had a 996 and my GTI a few years back, had to sell the 996 for the remaining down payment on my home.

So glad I went with a 997.2. It retains all of the things I loved about my 996 and fixes all of the things I didn’t love. (y)

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Looking good! Congrats. Look forward to hearing your driving impressions (and maybe some video) soon!!

Will do.

So far my impressions are on how smooth the power delivery of the NA Flat Six is. I forgot how smooth it is.

The second thing if how the car feels. It feels substantia/solid but yet light on its feet. It weighs about the same as my GTI, yet it Feels so much more substantial and solid. Probably due to the lower center of gravity.

I have an exhaust purchase to mull over, it needs a voice,

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Very nice. My next car will be a porsche too, well my next fun car...I'll probably get another boring daily before then. I'm going the cayman route though.

Congrats! I'm sure this thing will be a blast. And it's manual 🤗 any plans for it??

I lust for a Cayman GT4.(y)(y)(y)

Manual 997.2s are so rare, so it should do well resale wise, especially since I paid $39k.

Short term plans: Exhaust (Fister/Sharkwerks Bypass or Tubi), 991 Front Lip (looks sick on the 997.2).

Long Term Plans include a 991.2 Multifunction Steering Wheel, Ohlins R&T Coilovers, and a few shifter mods. Also considering a Intense Blue Gloss Wrap down the road.

That might be it.

I already added a Bluetooth unit for music this weekend.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Hell of a pick up man! I work at Suncoast Parts, hit me up if you need anything. We’re the largest supplier of OEM Porsche parts in the world. Happy to help!

I ordered a phone mount from you guys yesterday.(y):ROFLMAO:

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Nicely done. Did that 918 stay local? I don't think I've seen one around here.

Yup, he picked it up in Miami and grabbed mine in Ft Myers.

He said the 918 has a home 30 miles away from me, it was his next stop.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Yup, he picked it up in Miami and grabbed mine in Ft Myers.

He said the 918 has a home 30 miles away from me, it was his next stop.
I'll keep my ears open for it. I generally ride up 360 on the weekends and soak up the cars that troll that stretch and then head out 2222, there's not much that sounds better than an angry 918, aside from a CGT.