GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Forza 4 Porsche Expansion pack

MKVRidah36

Ready to race!
Just downloaded it. Anyone else pick it up yet? They gave us the GT2RS, just surprised they didnt throw in a 997.2 gt3 or 997.2 gt3rs. I honestly at least expected the 4.0 but ill take this as a start. Its good to have them back in the game.

darkorb

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 Rabbit
damnit 1200.. fuck

is it porsche only?

Rude Jr

Drummer for Subject 16
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI, Mk2 TT RS
Whaaaatt?? Porsche finally let Forza have their cars? haha that's cool tho...
add me on xbl, SynystrFknGates

g_berserk

Smartass in Training
Car(s)
SEAT Ibiza FR
damnit 1200.. fuck

is it porsche only?
Yep, but it's double the amount of cars of the rest of the car packs.
also includes exclusive Porsche events for the calendar.

Whaaaatt?? Porsche finally let Forza have their cars? haha that's cool tho...
add me on xbl, SynystrFknGates
Hope they could have done that before releasing the game, so we didn't have to pay for them

add me: arzooman

downloading now. if you have the seasons pass, will the porsche update be free?
Negative, the season pass only covered till march I think. last car pack wasn't included either

g_berserk

Smartass in Training
Car(s)
SEAT Ibiza FR
EA had the exclusive on the license for the NFS series and wouldn't let anyone else make a deal with Porsche till the contract ended (that's the reason GT only has RUF, but no Porsches).

A few years ago when the first 2 Forzas came out nobody gave a rat ass about it, so they thought that it wouldn't harm if an unknown studio made a game with Porsches in it because it couldn't steal much attention from the big boys (NFS and GT), but after the success of Forza 3 they had to use some dirty tactics like this Porsche exclusivity to retain some of the gamers.

I'm not sure if EA's license has ended, Porsche decided that it would be a good idea to let Turn 10 use their image or if they had to pay an enormous amount of money to EA and Porsche to finally be able to include them in the game.

I downloaded the pack yesterday, but it was late and fall asleep tuning my Carrera GT

bhmkv

Auto Body Appraiser
Car(s)
07 CW GTI
Is Forza better than GT? I had forza for the first xbox and liked it. thinking about getting 360 now that its cheap

g_berserk

Smartass in Training
Car(s)
SEAT Ibiza FR
Is Forza better than GT? I had forza for the first xbox and liked it. thinking about getting 360 now that its cheap
GT is better than Forza in some aspects (shaders, drifting physics, steering wheel support) but overall Forza is better and more fun.

I have played thru every GT except 5 because I don't have a PS3 and my friend didn't liked Prologue so he just rented 5, and also have gone thru all 4 Forzas; I'm talking a HUGE chunk of my life (well over 600 hrs between all of them) spent on those games.

I still have a soft spot for GT, but I feel like they dropped the ball on 5, and Forza series has matured amazingly over the years. the jump from one game to the other is brutal in therms of physics, gameplay and graphics.

Unfortunately the lack of support for steering wheels (only Microsoft and Fanatec) and the fact that you need to buy a shitload of DLC to have a complete experience can make you think twice.

For solo using a good steering wheel setup, I would recomend GT. For something more casual and online, Forza (doesn't mean that it's a shallow game, just that is more user friendly for everyone)

bhmkv

Auto Body Appraiser
Car(s)
07 CW GTI
GT is better than Forza in some aspects (shaders, drifting physics, steering wheel support) but overall Forza is better and more fun.

I have played thru every GT except 5 because I don't have a PS3 and my friend didn't liked Prologue so he just rented 5, and also have gone thru all 4 Forzas; I'm talking a HUGE chunk of my life (well over 600 hrs between all of them) spent on those games.

I still have a soft spot for GT, but I feel like they dropped the ball on 5, and Forza series has matured amazingly over the years. the jump from one game to the other is brutal in therms of physics, gameplay and graphics.

Unfortunately the lack of support for steering wheels (only Microsoft and Fanatec) and the fact that you need to buy a shitload of DLC to have a complete experience can make you think twice.

For solo using a good steering wheel setup, I would recomend GT. For something more casual and online, Forza (doesn't mean that it's a shallow game, just that is more user friendly for everyone)

Thanks.. thinking about getting ps3 or 360. I dont play much but the WI doesnt cut it.

Boozehound

TrailerParkSupervisor
Car(s)
2007 GTI MkV CW
it should be free IMO, but im still stocked for porsche to be in the game.