Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiliFrei64

Pappa Smurf
just answered my own question.

Built in, you can only censor the entire board

They do have a plugin for vbulletin
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=105209
which apparently allows the user to create their own censor.

Not sure how you feel about plugins. I run a few forums and I know plugins can be nightmares sometimes, especially during upgrades. This one looks simple enough.. but thats not for me to decide.

fandsw, if you feel that something said is offensive or blatantly out of line please feel free to report the post to the Mods by clicking on the 'yield' symbol under the member's name for the post in question.

cbursten

Banned
Car(s)
2006 CW GTI 6MT
Do you or anyone you know actually profess to work 8 hours (or however many) straight thru without a break or chance to decompress??

Yes.

I know what is appropriate to look at on my work computer, as well. Instead of changing what you browse at work, you want us to change the content of our forum?

:dnftt:

the1withpaddles

Go Kart Champion
this is reminding me of the whole tropic thunder boycott because of the word "retarded" being used 17 times :rolleyes:

we cant all be politically correct..i for one cant stand it

on a forum with over 20 thousand members some f-bombs are gunna fly

Khobin~

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'07 GTI, '97 YZF600R
Is it really that big of a deal for someone to type "f that" or "f__k" instead of typing the entire word? it still gets the word across, but is far less offensive to filters and such. :thumbsup:

Not that it bothers me in the slightest, I just do that when I type on a forum to respect the people that might not want to have the entire word sitting there when the boss or kids walk by. :wink:

Msteadman

Go Kart Champion
^ :word: Exact same here.
Force of habit from a previous forum, but also IMO it's a good compromise. Gets the point across without offending those who have issues with profanity. :thumbsup:

Edit: Just saw you have 666 posts - GTFO. (acronyms work as well). :lol:

Khobin~

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'07 GTI, '97 YZF600R
dang...didn't even realize I was at 666 until I had 667... :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.