GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

forget the "R the RS-3

Crawfish00

Greaux saints
Car(s)
Cw mk6 gti
I don't see the 50k in the car.. Looks good sounds good but not 50k good.. 35k yea. Even 38k is fine but no more.. Though buying the engine and wiring harness and droping it in a mk2 or mk3 would be pretty fun..

Halvie

WOOSA
I don't see the 50k in the car.. Looks good sounds good but not 50k good.. 35k yea. Even 38k is fine but no more.. Though buying the engine and wiring harness and droping it in a mk2 or mk3 would be pretty fun..

~$5k more than you can get a GTI for?

jp0319

Go Kart Champion
I read the RS3 article in Motor Trend and got to the part "not coming to the US" Crap! It would be awesome if Audi would release the RS3, TTRS, RS4, RS5, etc in the US but no. Even when VAG releases something we've been begging for like the Golf R they give us the watered down half ass version. When will they figure out if they bring the good stuff here it will sell?

JP

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
saw that too, but someone above said 2013?! :confused:

jp0319

Go Kart Champion
saw that too, but someone above said 2013?! :confused:

News to me, I read that the TTRS is "supposed" to be coming in 2012. Maybe they will release the RS3? It would be awesome, same engine with useful cargo capacity. That engine makes some of the sweetest sounds;)

JP

Halvie

WOOSA
I'm not sure your area pricing but here the gti starts of at 23900$ sticker pice I've seen them sell for less

Yeah I know. I paid less than $22k for mine. RS cars usually come loaded... A loaded GTI sure as fuck isn't base price.

$35/38k still blows my mind. Would buy two of them, or any car with matching specs, for $38k. I take it you think the R is complete rip off then?

SwedGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
A RS3 goes for somewhere around €55k ($80k) in europe , a standard GTI goes for around €30k ($45k). So you pay way less for the cars i USA. Maybe thats why you don't get all the RS models etc, they may have a hard time getting any profit of these small series models in USA, you don't pay enough :), and like some one wrote a few post above, the RS3 is sold out in many countries before they even have arrived to the dealers. But it's a sweet ride and it sounds awesome.
//JF

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
News to me, I read that the TTRS is "supposed" to be coming in 2012. Maybe they will release the RS3? It would be awesome, same engine with useful cargo capacity. That engine makes some of the sweetest sounds;)

JP

Yeah, same here - but dudeguy above us said it was 2013.. I didn't see that in the mag. And yeah, I can't see how they could price this well to A. compete, and B. make profit

Halvie

WOOSA
Yeah, same here - but dudeguy above us said it was 2013.. I didn't see that in the mag. And yeah, I can't see how they could price this well to A. compete, and B. make profit

Me? 2013 for the new a3 sedan. Least that was what was being tossed around when they were showing off the car. I hope so. Don't want to wait too much longer than that for it.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
not you, other dude RAYZGTI or whatever.