GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Forge's New Intake

GTI6120

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI, 08 A3
I saw this at SOWO, they had it fitted to the scirocco-I believe it's for the TSI engine- not sure what, if any benefits powerwise-looks cool though.

Attachments

• IMG_1703[2].jpg
    IMG_1703[2].jpg
    201 KB · Views: 14,397

Voices Off Camera

Ready to race!
First the TWINtercooler

now the TWINtake

I see a trend.....:wink: I'm not sure what is going on there, but I'm sure there has to be some purpose... right??? An excuse to add even more CF and polished???. Anybody got any ideas??? I also noticed the MAF location...def. looks like FSI. It is really hard visualize it on the car to be honest.

Last edited:

James G

Spool makes me drool.
Car(s)
'06 CW GTI 3DR
yeah thats a FSI intake, wrong shape for TSI!

beauy46

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2009 TR GTI
the design is pretty radical but after looking online

335i and 135i
AFE has reported gains of 27hp and 34 ft/lbs of torque with this kit, which increases airflow 98% over the stock airbox.

Twin filter really isn't new mostly used on twin turbo applications, but gains on the LS1 and LS6....... Maybe there is something to this twin filter set up. Just something to think about.

Mike@Forge

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 BMP GTI Pkg 0
We first developed this after the original intake fitted to our TSI Scirocco only picked up 5 hp.

This new design picked up an additional 11 hp over that, meaning roughly 15 hp over the stock intake.

We'll be testing it on an FSI application soon, and we'll be making a MK5 TSI specific kit since our standard intake nor the Scirocco TWINtake will fit.

07Noside

Banned
Wow that is a nice looking intake! I Would love to get my hands on one! Its like ram air plus the benefits of a cai aswell! I wasnt a fan of the original forge intake for it being a complete cai style and found ram air to be more functional but this really has my attention! Great new innovative idea guys!

PureDrive

Go Kart Champion
Looks interesting. Given the 15hp claims, I would really like to see some dyno's of this, to see where the power comes from (through the entire rpm band or just a spike at the end/higher rpms). Any ballpark around pricing? Looks like it would be expensive given the bling factor.........

Mike@Forge

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 BMP GTI Pkg 0
I don't have dynos of the 1.4 TSI intake handy. Shoot an e-mail to uksales@forgemotorsport.com

As for the TWINtake, we have dynos, but from our 2.0 TSI Scirocco. I'll find them and post them up.

We haven't yet tested the 2.0 FSI version.

GTIracer

Streetracer
Car(s)
Golf MKV GTI
i saw this Intake on the "Tuning World" in Germany 2 weeks ago.