GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Forge's New Intake

FliGi7

Ready to race!
FSI and TSI motors are direct injected. Atomization of fuel is a non-issue as related to IAT's anyway.

Not to mention "cold air" means 20 degree cooler air running through an orders of magnitude hotter turbo, so there's little to no colder air gain anyway. The overwhelming majority of gains from an aftermarket intake on turbo apps are higher air flow, not cooler air.

Voices Off Camera

Ready to race!
Any skeptics in here at all????

Somebody had some pictures from a 335i intake... well that is twin turbo (one filter for each turbo inlet). Also pictures for a Corvette intake... in my opinion the reason that is popular is due to spacing issues at the front of a Corvette. How would you fit a single cone large enough for a V8 while having it look good???

Is there that much flow restriction from a single FOS intake??? Since the "cold air" elements of this setup would be fairly useless on a dyno, does this mean 10 hp was gained from reducing air flow restrictions (1 filter vs. 2)??? The whole "cold air intake" deal on a forced induction car is questionable in my eyes to begin with. Any flow test results for this intake???

Not trying to start a war.... just offering a dissenting opinion/asking some questions.

eROCK

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
08 GTI 4 door
Subscribed!

Angel@forge

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 A3 sport
Once we get more details we'll provide them to the forum. So far this is what we have been provided by the UK office.

Last edited:

MasterGunnZ

The sex
Car(s)
GTI
Interesting..

Traction

Ready to race!
Hmmm... Looks hot. But wow that much gain on an intake?

Subscribed !!!

Mike@Forge

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 BMP GTI Pkg 0
A replacement manifold is almost certainly out of the question, at least for the moment. The runner tumbler setup in the stock manifold would either have to be retained at a SIGNIFICANT cost or bypassed at a serious detriment to power at certain RPM points, so it's not something we intend to tackle right now.