GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Forge installed - includes my impressions as well as lots of pics

EL_3grab

Beast from Middle East
What are "Hot Climate Instructions"?

Work in the shade? Drink plenty of water? Use a fan for added comfort? Dont touch a core thats been sitting in the sun?

No, but seriously:
:iono:

Hot Climate specifications GTI'z are equipped with extra small radiator on the front wheel of the driver side, with that radiator there is a small pipe the get in the way of installing the Forge FMIC. You don't have this issue if your GTi wasn't "Hot Climate specifications". See the instructions for pic's :thumbsup:

EL_3grab

Beast from Middle East
Seat Altea TFSI driver, wrong car for this place I know, but same great engine :smile:

Planning on a fmic too. The forge fmic seems like the one to go for, but one thing bothers me.

It is just adding more weight to the car. I know people will say that it is nothing, but it matters. A little bit of extra weight here and there and your few gained extra horsepower is lost.

I have "only" 17" wheels on the car even though 19" looks better, but 19" makes the car a lot slower compared to 17".

Don't know about the Golf, but the Seat Altea is 1375 kg ~ 3031 lbs. On 95 octone here in Denmark the TFSI produces around 200hp, on 98 a bit more, but lets just stick to the 200 hp.

1375 kg / 200 hp = 6,875 kg/hp

Now I don't know the extra weight that the forge fmic will add.
But let's say a fmic gives you 5 extra hp, but adds 10 kg, then the extra 5 hp is almost lost again.

1385 kg / 205 hp = 6,765 kg/hp

None of you guys see this as a problem?

regards,
Claus

Claus my friend, you are concerning way to much. The only difference that you can tell is ..

:biggrin:

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
Seat Altea TFSI driver, wrong car for this place I know, but same great engine :smile:

Planning on a fmic too. The forge fmic seems like the one to go for, but one thing bothers me.

It is just adding more weight to the car. I know people will say that it is nothing, but it matters. A little bit of extra weight here and there and your few gained extra horsepower is lost.

I have "only" 17" wheels on the car even though 19" looks better, but 19" makes the car a lot slower compared to 17".

Don't know about the Golf, but the Seat Altea is 1375 kg ~ 3031 lbs. On 95 octone here in Denmark the TFSI produces around 200hp, on 98 a bit more, but lets just stick to the 200 hp.

1375 kg / 200 hp = 6,875 kg/hp

Now I don't know the extra weight that the forge fmic will add.
But let's say a fmic gives you 5 extra hp, but adds 10 kg, then the extra 5 hp is almost lost again.

1385 kg / 205 hp = 6,765 kg/hp

None of you guys see this as a problem?

regards,
Claus

put it this way, any fmic mounted in front of the radiator will add weight. most that are installed this way bypass the stock fmic all together, so now you have dead weight in the front of your car. at least with the forge twincooler, the stock fmic is used. the other option is the apr which replaces teh stock fmic, though i heard that the install is a lot more involved than the forge fmic.

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
It's nice to see your car in the instructions :biggrin: :biggrin:

dpham00

I've ended up trimming more hose to the stock fmic (trim > test > trim more > till you are satisfied). Be careful, the trim must be straight to line up with outlet of the stock fmic.

I'm happy to answer any further Q about the "Hot Climate instructions" install.

:thumbsup: to Forge

which side did you trim? when looking from the front, is it the right side, or left side?

EL_3grab

Beast from Middle East
which side did you trim? when looking from the front, is it the right side, or left side?

dpham00

You know that's my GTI (the white one) in the instructions :biggrin: (check my sig).

Off course I was referring to the right side, why did you get confused?