GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Forge FMIC

EL_3grab

Beast from Middle East
Please note: If your vehicle has been supplied to "Hot Climate specification" it will have an extra radiator in the front of the wheel arch. If this is the case our intercooler upgrade will NOT fit your car.

As stated in forge web site http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/content.asp?inc=product&cat=1703INT&product=FMINTMK5

I'm From UAE, and our GTI's come with "Hot Climate" specifications. In the summer I really can notice the decreased performance while driving, as temperature reaches 45-49 Celsius with 75-85% humidity.

Contacted Forge UK asking about if they were working on a solution for our car... and as I am aware now... that they in fact hadn't the chance to test fit the FMIC as GTI's supplied with the Hot Climate specifications were unavailable in UK neither USA. And I'm the first one to contact them about this issue.

So we made an agreement... I purchase the FMIC... And if it wouldn't fit, I will send it back… in return transferring me all my money back...

My "TWINtercooler" :D...

And let me say, great packing but outstanding quality :eek:

I started installing the kit following the instructions, and hoping every thing goes well, and guess what, the FMIC will fit perfectly. :thumbsup:

The only issue that I came up with that you need to push one pipe that goes to the extra radiator as shown here, and lay it over the FMIC supplied hose

I've informed Forge UK about this minor issue, and it will be listed on the installing instruction.

I really can note the difference now, as it pull harder on higher speed, I noticed that when I accelerate from 60 to 100 mph.

I'm glad to be the first one to place this on my car. All the thanx goes to Mr. Peter for his boundless time and helpfulness.

Thumbs Up to Forge :thumbup:

Your's

Ghanem AL Shamsi

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
wicked

Chungster

Hmm that radiator pipe now looks a tad "bent" just before the hardpipe it goes into.

Looks like the pipe itself is long enough so I would have cut a bit off to shorten it and avoided it going above the Blue Samco pipe so that it has a straight entry into radiator hard pipe.

Obviously I have no idea if that slight snag will affect the hot climate radiator performance in the heat - the extra IC may compensate for it.

Worth asking Forge if they recommend adjusting that pipe for safety reasons.

EL_3grab

Beast from Middle East
Hmm that radiator pipe now looks a tad "bent" just before the hardpipe it goes into.

Looks like the pipe itself is long enough so I would have cut a bit off to shorten it and avoided it going above the Blue Samco pipe so that it has a straight entry into radiator hard pipe.

Obviously I have no idea if that slight snag will affect the hot climate radiator performance in the heat - the extra IC may compensate for it.

Worth asking Forge if they recommend adjusting that pipe for safety reasons.

It's really not bend, it's curved more, and there is enough space for fluid flowing, don't forget this is an extra radiator, it don't have the flow pressure neither the size of the main one.

In USA, there is some area can reach same temperature as here; they are all fine without the extra radiator.

I will check on IC hoses after some miles, and on that pipe.

thank you for your replay :thumbsup:

Maseroche

Ready to race!
That's great news and thank you for forging the way for us with "Hot Climate" GTI's.

DubDriver17

Oval Newbie
Doesnt using the "twincooler" design reduce airflow?

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)