GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Forge DV/BOV's lessen engine life?

xeclipse631x

The old soul
Car(s)
Lawnmower
So I've been looking at alot of comments on Forge BOV and DV videos on youtube and lots of kids (who may not be so credible) are saying that BOV's and/or DV's are bad for your turbo and your engine. Or that DV's are better for it than BOV's, and vice versa. I don't have experience with either one, but I'm really curious. Can anyone rectify this?

our cars are made to run DV's. Putting a BOV on our cars would be bad.

But lets say that cars that are made to run on BOV's, putting a DV may be bad for them.

Get it??

Mike@Forge

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 BMP GTI Pkg 0
From a functional standpoint, it doesn't matter where the air is discharged to when you lift off of the throttle. The air simply needs to be vented.

Some engine management systems, however, require that the air be recirculated back into the intake otherwise no damage will occur, but you may wind up with a rich fuel condition that the ECU cannot compensate for. A rich fuel condition is not going to cause any damage. It's just not ideal for driveability.

NONE of this occurs when using our replacement valve nor our spacer. Period.

xeclipse631x

The old soul
Car(s)
Lawnmower
From a functional standpoint, it doesn't matter where the air is discharged to when you lift off of the throttle. The air simply needs to be vented.

Some engine management systems, however, require that the air be recirculated back into the intake otherwise no damage will occur, but you may wind up with a rich fuel condition that the ECU cannot compensate for. A rich fuel condition is not going to cause any damage. It's just not ideal for driveability.

NONE of this occurs when using our replacement valve nor our spacer. Period.

Finally a credible source. Thanks.