GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

"Ford Focus ST interior much better than GTI"

Philimon

Ready to race!
http://www.thesmokingtire.com/2012/everything-you-wanted-to-know-about-the-2013-ford-focus-st/

Basically, the review states that the ST is a better riding car than GTI, better than an AMG or M too, and far better interior. It also handles like no other stock FWD car ever, no understeer, and can drift easily. He also says something along the lines that the GTI feels old, especially with it's M/T. If I didn't need an auto, I would be sad right now not having waited a little longer to try an ST first. Plus I think they look great.

Last edited:

menios80

Ready to race!
I guess they are ST "vendor's"..just close the door of Gti and of a St and you will understand the difference...Vw are far better built than ford..

Στάλθηκε; από το; GT-I9300 μο;υ; χρησιμο;πο;ιώντας Tapatalk 2

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I drove a ST a few weeks ago...it torque steers like a pos boosted Honda, looks like a spaceship inside and out and isn't much faster than a stock Gti...only good thing is the seats

bmxr

Ready to race!
There were so many statements in that article that were factually incorrect, that I put zero credence to anything subjective he wrote. He is either in love (and thus showing irrational exuberance), or he is benefitting in some other way from blowing the Focus up the readers' ass.

DasAuto1295

Go Kart Champion
I drove a ST a few weeks ago...it torque steers like a pos boosted Honda, looks like a spaceship inside and out and isn't much faster than a stock Gti...only good thing is the seats

+1 the seats are the only thing about the ST that interests me. A few friends told me "what if I got a focus ST I could beat your car"
I replied with "I don't care.. the ST is still ugly, tq steers, and is basically a fancied up Mazda speed 3"

;)

biggee72

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2009 GTI DSG
I like the ST but it's not in the same class IMO. You either want a Ford or you want a VW. I saw one today run at the track..ran 16.5. Not good.

Halvie

WOOSA
I like the ST but it's not in the same class IMO. You either want a Ford or you want a VW. I saw one today run at the track..ran 16.5. Not good.

You aren't actually suggesting that is a normal time for that car are you? Having a shitty driver shouldn't be counted against it.

biggee72

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2009 GTI DSG
You aren't actually suggesting that is a normal time for that car are you? Having a shitty driver shouldn't be counted against it.

Obviously not. I was just disappointed with the run. I was hoping to see what the car can do.