GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Footwell Light problem...

hkswrxti

/black magic
Car(s)
07 BMP GTI
I recently replaced my stock footwell bulbs with some PIAA white 5 watt 194 light bulbs and they were working perfectly. Today, I decided to purchase some Matrix 194 25 watt red bulbs. I installed the passenger side first and it worked well. I came to the driver side, inserted the bulb, plugged in the connector and nothing happened. I took out the bulb, insert it again, plug in, again Nothing... So my door was still wide open, I check the passenger side and no light from the footwell.. I close my door, open it and yet again, nothing. So I wait for about 2 minutes, open my door and my passenger works for about 4 seconds and then turns off and my driver side doesnt work at all.... I then plug in my PIAA 5 watt white bulbs back in and they dont work at all.. any solutions? its really pissing me off after all that wait :mad:

Last edited:

ASCI_Blue

Ballin'
If they're LEDs they draw less current than the regular bulbs. Less current the car doesn't know how to handle them and only keeps them on for a few seconds. Also they're polarized so if an LED doesn't work pull it, rotate it, put it back and it should.

If not LEDs, I got nothin'.

hkswrxti

/black magic
Car(s)
07 BMP GTI
What would I need to do to keep them on? They are Matrix red 194 25w bulbs, not LEDs.. :iono: I tried to put the stock bulbs back on but they dont work anymore either. Did I blow a fuse?

TwentyonePSI

Crody
Car(s)
FSI
What wattage are the stock bulbs? I know I replaced mine with red ones that are the same wattage as the stock ones, and I've never had a problem. Aren't they 5w? That might be the problem. It's been a while, so correct me if I'm wrong.

hkswrxti

/black magic
Car(s)
07 BMP GTI
How do I approach the problem and fix it? will a resistor or something fix this or just mess with the fuse? I have no experience with fuses.

hkswrxti

/black magic
Car(s)
07 BMP GTI
Alright... SO i just went outside to take a look at my bulbs.

I had the PIAA 5 watt white bulb on the driver side and the Matrix 25 watt red bulb on the passenger side.

I went outside, unlocked my doors and saw that all my lights were working. I got pretty damn excited. I opened the door, stood there for about a minute to see if they will turn off, and no, they were all still running.

So I took the PIAA bulb out and put the red one in and now both of them were off...
I took the PIAA bulb, put it back in, and both of the lights worked again. So last time, took out the PIAA, inserted the red one, and no luck... installed the PIAA's back in the driver side, leaving the 25 watt red bulb in the passenger side, and called it a day.

So im happy that my footwell lights still work, but mad that they dont BOTH work at the same time.. Gonna go find some 5 watt red bulbs.

hkswrxti

/black magic
Car(s)
07 BMP GTI
Yeah, the red one cost me $10.. hopefully I can find some red ones that are bright :thumbsup:

Danielcm8383

Car(s)
Golf gti
Vad och vilken säkring är det till fotledslampa? Min vänstra fotledslampa funkar men inte höger. Jag testade byta ny lampa men gick inte. Förstår inte varför?