GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Focus RS will be the new hot hatch?

EB2429

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTi 7.5

Sent from my iPhone while on Mars

Looks much nicer than the ST I just specc'd up on the ford site.

matimer

Ready to race!
The only thing I don't like about ford's engine is the amount of torque loss after 3K RPMs. If you look at several stage 1 dynos of the Mustang ecoboost or focus st they all lose about 50 lb/ft per 1k RPMs. The Cobb website has a dyno database you can look at.

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
The only thing I don't like about ford's engine is the amount of torque loss after 3K RPMs. If you look at several stage 1 dynos of the Mustang ecoboost or focus st they all lose about 50 lb/ft per 1k RPMs. The Cobb website has a dyno database you can look at.

With Stage 1 MK7 GTI's you have very similar torque drop off.

matimer

Ready to race!
Hey Rj, yes you're right but I meant the torque drop for the new mustang ecoboost occurs at 2.5k RPM. The dynos below are from reputable companies: Cobb and APR. The first is MK7 GTI, and the last one is from the new ford mustang ecoboost(suppose to go in the new ford focus rs). It seems like a huge kick at the beginning, but dies fairly quick. The GTI goes up more gradual and holds the power a bit longer.

I'm not saying it's bad though. It just looks like a different experience from the Mk7. Will be interesting when it comes out.

Sorry I wasn't clear. :)

Attachments

• apr_stg_1.jpg
    apr_stg_1.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 873
  • mustang_ecoboost_stg1.JPG
    mustang_ecoboost_stg1.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 914

danielf99645

I was referring to nay Sayers that there would be no AWD Focus RS, I'm still waiting for the 2016 Golf R [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pyramid Head

Ready to race!
Heyyyy I test drove the mustang Eco a few weeks ago and all I could keep asking the dealer is why is it so slow?? It didn't feel any faster than my moms old Chevy venture v6 minivan

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
The Focus just looks so.....busy. Still looks like an econobox no matter how much they dress it up.

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R