GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Focus RS - Confirmed

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
That thing will need AWD. That amount of power on FWD is just plain stupid.

STING

Ready to race!
That thing will need AWD. That amount of power on FWD is just plain stupid.
I had a previous gen Focus RS with the MR375 pack and it was an awesome fun car. It put the power down no problem. They were torque limited in the first two gears and along with the revoknuckle suspension torque steer was nearly non existent.
I cant comment on the how the new one will perform though as the current Focus ST was a big step back in power delivery compared to the Mk2 ST/RS 5cylinder.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
I'd find it hard to believe your MacDoe eating ass will pay over 20k for a car in the future. :laugh:

:word:

I swear though, if they produced a turbo BRZ for under $35k, I'd probably buy it. I'll wait a year and negotiate it to $30ish doe :laugh:

As soon as I find a low mileage Vette that I want, that is probably the route I will take. I had a chance to buy a friend's MKIV Supra for $18k, but I passed on it. I really wish I hadn't... He ended up getting $30k for it on eBay motors.

It's a good route man. I looked into things like the Supra before getting the Poorvette. They're just way too expensive now, $30-40k for a nice one, and then you're in an almost 20 year old car. May as well just get an NSX at that point and impress more chicks. I briefly drove an NA Supra once and it didn't have shit on my C5 from what I remember.

Latest from Road & Track:

"UPDATE: We have additional details about the upcoming 2016 Focus RS from another trusted source, including power output, so let's start with that. With the Mustang GT's V8 holding down a 435 hp spot at the top of the Ford performance pecking order (for now, until the 2016 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 emerges), the Focus RS is free to turn up the horsepower wick. Since the 2.3-liter Ecoboost is easily capable of more than its 310 hp output in the Mustang, which was dictated more by fuel economy concerns than anything else, the RS is free to pump out between 325 and 350 hp. The higher figure is more likely. This is because as a low-volume, niche product that doesn't compete with the Mustang GT, there's no reason to hold the Focus RS back.

To put the power down, Ford will employ an entirely new AWD system intended for high-output applications. It's not the same system employed on the Fusion, Escape, and MKZ. The new system will employ torque vectoring front and rear to aid handling, and after debuting in the Focus RS it will trickle down to other applications.

That means the Focus RS might have some high-performance AWD company in Ford's lineup soon."

And it will be sold globally per Ford President and CEO Mark Fields.

Dang, tree fiddy? That's serious power in a hatch back. Sounds like an R killer. I just kind of struggle to believe they're going to develop an AWD system just for this car that's going to sell 11 units total.

I'll believe it when I see it.

:word:

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
Low volume - high price. Ford. No.

They are late to the party with this.

STING

Ready to race!
Low volume - high price. Ford. No.

They are late to the party with this.
If Henry does make the RS awd with a sensible price tag it will make anyone who bought a Subaru WRX feel very silly indeed
You could have bought a Ford with sexy recaro seats and a shite interior instead of a Subaru with a really shite interior!
Oh sorry. Did I say that out loud :p :laugh:

Last edited:

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Both the current Focus and current WRX have pretty decent interiors. Maybe not dash stroking status, but reasonable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Hyper hatches often pay for their initial investment within the first year of sales. If they are targeting 5K I bet they'll achieve it. Anything over is bonus profit.

Not to mention, the initial investment has already been laid due to the common platform. Exclusive suspension parts and engine parts are pennies compared a platform that can handle the power. It seems ford was planning this car from the get go with the initial Fpcus launch.

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
If Henry does make the RS awd with a sensible price tag it will make anyone who bought a Subaru WRX feel very silly indeed
You could have bought a Ford with sexy recaro seats and a shite interior instead of a Subaru with a really shite interior!
Oh sorry. Did I say that out loud :p :laugh:

One does drive the car not just the interior. You can add Recaro's to any car just about. Im happy to be getting the STi. I see enough of these here to know I simply dont like it. Others may love it. Personal taste. Good that choices can be made and Ford will make a US model avail

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
If you drove a k04 Gti you wouldn't say that.

I remember the MazdaSpeed3 having a ton of torque steer. I feel that the GTI would naturally be a much more balanced vehicle.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
Hyper hatches often pay for their initial investment within the first year of sales. If they are targeting 5K I bet they'll achieve it. Anything over is bonus profit.

Not to mention, the initial investment has already been laid due to the common platform. Exclusive suspension parts and engine parts are pennies compared a platform that can handle the power. It seems ford was planning this car from the get go with the initial Fpcus launch.
Logically that is correct, but it does not explain why we don't get so many cars/options here. There must be more to it, otherwise our choices wouldn't be so limited.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Our choices are limited because Americans don't understand cars, they're finicky and ignorant and just like the Toyota Camry that "works".

/rant