GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

First Drive! What do you think?

vdubGTi

Oval Newbie
I just came back from the dealer and I drove a white DSG and I am far more impressed than what I expected. The mklV does not stand a chance to the mkV. Pick up was fast, on demand torque, a lot of room, and unlike my 04 1.8t, no fishtailing when floored it. Great comfort. Also, took it on the highway and the outside noise has been minimized a lot.:thumbup:

So what are your driving impressions?

Last edited:

MarlonK911

Ready to race!
vdubGTi said:
I just came back from the dealer and I drove a white DSG and I am far more impressed than what I expected. The mklV does not stand a chance to the mkV. Pick up was fast, on demand torque, a lot of room, and unlike my 04 1.8t, no fishtailing when floored it. Great comfort. Also, took it on the highway and the outside noise has been minimized a lot.:thumbup:

So what are your driving impressions?

I tested one last week and flogged the thing! I was lucky, my salesguy encouraged me to do it and I think I got a good appreciation of what this car's capable of. This is really the perfect daily driver/track car combo. When I was just cruising it was smooth and comfortable but when I got on the gas and took some turns this thing came alive!! :evil: Didn't feel any turbo lag and the 6 speed was awesome. I can't wait to chip my car when I get it. Oh and the car definitely needs some lowering, was too high for my taste.

This car feels more substantial and sure compared to earlier gen golfs I've been in. It's grown up but in a good way. :w00t:

vdubGTi

Oval Newbie
nice marolon. U r right on the lowering part way to high. My cus came from swiss today and we went out and stopped at the dealership and he was shocked of how high it was here. It definetely needs a nice suspension kit.

kosmo6

Ready to race!
I drove two red DSGs. So much fun. Coming from a Mustang, I was quite impressed with the torque. The DSG blew me away, though. I've always been a manual transmission fanatic, but the DSG converted me. I didn't get much chance to test the suspension, but the brakes and engine were great. And I love that perfect downshift complete with gorgeous exhaust note. Now if I could just find my silver one...