GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

First (and last) Experience with MJM Autohaus

bostonaudi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1995 BMW M3
This thread is another priceless wonder. Does anyone need more convincing? There are plenty of other retailers selling Hawk pads without the overhead.

Madchild

Passed Driver's Ed

Madchild

Passed Driver's Ed
Can you guys stop mjm autowhoring up the sponsor part of this forum as well? Its annoying to always see your shitty deals on top all the time, because you constantly spam them up there. I have to wade through your crap to get to actual new deals. Appreciate your help on this.

dave80

Go Kart Champion
Im giving mjm customer service a big A+++++++++. Spoke with Amy I belive over the phone last Wednesday about a part that I ordered which was backordered from the manufacturer. Told her I need to cancel the order, because I need the part now and will order from someone who has it in stock for about $70 more. She said no problem, but asked to give her 2 hours so she could check the order status. Got a call back from her an hour later saying the manufacturer is packing my order and shipping it out asap. Got the package on Monday and installed the parts till early tuesday morning.

drtechy

How you doin?
Car(s)
2008 TR GTI
Im giving mjm customer service a big A+++++++++. Spoke with Amy I belive over the phone last Wednesday about a part that I ordered which was backordered from the manufacturer. Told her I need to cancel the order, because I need the part now and will order from someone who has it in stock for about $70 more. She said no problem, but asked to give her 2 hours so she could check the order status. Got a call back from her an hour later saying the manufacturer is packing my order and shipping it out asap. Got the package on Monday and installed the parts till early tuesday morning.

even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while

drtechy

How you doin?
Car(s)
2008 TR GTI
Just saying. She was nice and honest over the phone.

Oh i hear ya, and I'm sure they do have good experiences with their customers every day, and the bad ones are always the ones that have a louder voice than the good ones. But still these responses online are ridiculous. He would have been much better off to keep his mouth shut.

dave80

Go Kart Champion
Forum customer service wars always make the seller look bad. Should of been taken care over the phone or email. Not by posting in here and pointing fingers at both sides.

CW08DSG

I don't care.
Car(s)
08 GTI 2dr DSG
Forum customer service wars always make the seller look bad. Should of been taken care over the phone or email. Not by posting in here and pointing fingers at both sides.

You saw, word for word the emails I was sent by the MJM rep. Nothing was ommitted from either my side or their side of the communication. I also wrote word for word some of the statements told me by the same rep via phone conversation. There was no offer of a solution - just a snide "do you want the order or not?" - both via email and over the phone.

I had read other threads about similar treatment by them and I still decided to give them the benefit of the doubt and that is why I placed an order with them. I didn't do it to start a pissing match, I simply wanted to buy some brake pads.

I'm glad you had a positive experience with them; I am sure that all of their transactions don't go like mine did. But just as you spoke up to say you had a good experience, I should be able to say I didn't.

dave80

Go Kart Champion
You saw, word for word the emails I was sent by the MJM rep. Nothing was ommitted from either my side or their side of the communication. I also wrote word for word some of the statements told me by the same rep via phone conversation. There was no offer of a solution - just a snide "do you want the order or not?" - both via email and over the phone.

I had read other threads about similar treatment by them and I still decided to give them the benefit of the doubt and that is why I placed an order with them. I didn't do it to start a pissing match, I simply wanted to buy some brake pads.

I'm glad you had a positive experience with them; I am sure that all of their transactions don't go like mine did. But just as you spoke up to say you had a good experience, I should be able to say I didn't.

Yes, you should be able to speak up and nothing wrong with that. Typing this on the phone sucks, so maybe I didn't worded what I meant before, but I think it's shitty for a big vendor to treat people like they are nothing when they inquire about their orders placed. Especially when there are no directions telling you what's the process afterwards. Im sure they get tons of orders, and get tired of emails and phone calls (I'm sure some people ordering are a pita and have stupid questions). But that's why you should have a good, well mannered staff who can deal with people on a daily basis.

LPhiE

Go Kart Champion

MJM should just put Amy in charge of responding to all emails/invoice/tracking/forum questions and issues.

The person who currently responds doesn't like to read or answer the question being asked and just "beats a dead horse" over "Thanks vs. Thank You".

You get what you pay for, so in this case, cheap prices = no customer service skills.

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
I don't believe they have a Amy there. I think you may be talking about Jenny.

And either way, you guys always crack me up. The kids that love to go against MJM for anything that may be out of line. Seriously grow up. Maybe some of you need to learn to grow some patience, and learn how to deal with vendors more professionally.

LPhiE

Go Kart Champion
I don't believe they have a Amy there. I think you may be talking about Jenny.

And either way, you guys always crack me up. The kids that love to go against MJM for anything that may be out of line. Seriously grow up. Maybe some of you need to learn to grow some patience, and learn how to deal with vendors more professionally.

Doesn't mean I won't buy from MJM lol. I'm a cheap bastard and the lowest price usually wins it for me, so I'll be placing an order with them soon!

That being said, doesn't mean that how MJM responses on the forums is the right way.