GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Finally Got My GTI!!!

found

DriverFound
Why?

I owned my "used" GTI for 7 months, total cost of ownership? $1300.00

under warranty, etc. If I had bought new...kept for 7 months, would have ate 4-5k.

I guess cause there are 4 dealerships competing for customers in my area and I have gotten better deals on a new one.

The last 4 VW's I have bought all were loss leaders or ad cars. all were bought new.

07 Passat 8k off sticker 0% loan.
08 Jetta 11,988
08 Rabbit RS Auto 12,488
08 Rabbit Black auto 12,988

ChefMKV

Will Cook For Parts
Car(s)
GTI
Damn you already got half the work done for you man. Are they legit BBS LMs or are they reps?

Also since he had all that done I'd assume that he was stage I as well. Run the VIN # by all the major chip distributors to find out.

unfortunately their just reps but I still like them =] and no chip or any other performance mods ever done, just cosmetic, i think ill be goen REVO tho =]

LeesburgMKV

gold n' black
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
unfortunately their just reps but I still like them =] and no chip or any other performance mods ever done, just cosmetic, i think ill be goen REVO tho =]

revo ftw

ChefMKV

Will Cook For Parts
Car(s)
GTI
I'd have just the chrome part painted CW on the emblems. I think it would look great but the chrome looks clean too. White, red or blacked out on the stripe all look great on a CW GTi.

I'm gonna keep the VW emblems the way they are, I like to make it look like that's how the car was made kinda look, of course GTI enthusiasts will know. BUT i would like to make that red stripe into a white stripe... I searched and saw the option of paint/clear coat, white vinyl, or white electric tape. what works best for the people who have done it? i kind of think that the electric tape wouldn't hold as well and may look... cheap, and paint... I may want to convert back. I think the vinyl would work and look best. anyone know were I could pick up some white vinyl? thanks for the help.

LeesburgMKV

gold n' black
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
Yea, hey did you go to the shop in Rockville for the reflash?, how were the people? did it take long?

No I got it done at H20i. I would have gotten it done in sterling VA at "Just Carl's Auto" if I got it done here but it was $50 cheaper at H20i

ChefMKV

Will Cook For Parts
Car(s)
GTI
No I got it done at H20i. I would have gotten it done in sterling VA at "Just Carl's Auto" if I got it done here but it was $50 cheaper at H20i

hmm. my dad lives in Leesburg... would you recommend any good shops in the area? a good place for a cheap but good install on a DP, guy at the Revo shop in Rockville quoted me 110 for the dp. sounds normal i guess but i wouldn't mind payen a little less =]

LeesburgMKV

gold n' black
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
hmm. my dad lives in Leesburg... would you recommend any good shops in the area? a good place for a cheap but good install on a DP, guy at the Revo shop in Rockville quoted me 110 for the dp. sounds normal i guess but i wouldn't mind payen a little less =]

110 sounds like a great price. I've been quoted 200 down here and I said fuck that.

ChefMKV

Will Cook For Parts
Car(s)
GTI
110 sounds like a great price. I've been quoted 200 down here and I said fuck that.

haha yea guy at APR supporting shop was like $180 to install a DP, and $80 flash fee... i was like uhhh you just lost my business on the downpipe and the REflash... must have been sick in the head he was....

LeesburgMKV

gold n' black
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
haha yea guy at APR supporting shop was like $180 to install a DP, and $80 flash fee... i was like uhhh you just lost my business on the downpipe and the REflash... must have been sick in the head he was....

What shop???? Tell me it was NGP

LeesburgMKV

gold n' black
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
haha yea NGP

I'm so done going through them. I watched them rape a guy for over $800 for a stage I APR chip. Also they stole my FK wrenches for adjusting my coil overs when they installed them. They also kept one of my dampening adjustment knobs for the front konis. They seem like really cool guys but I don't agree with their business practices. I'm buying one $80 straight pipe from them then never shopping there again.

It's fucking ridiculous to charge that much to plug in a laptop to an OBD port and flash a car.

Yeah I know nate. He's very knowledgeable but again their business practices.....

ChefMKV

Will Cook For Parts
Car(s)
GTI
hey FK wrenches, i need some... haha i wanna raise my car 1/2" or 1/4" but the guy i bought the car from didn't have the wrenches. you know were i could get some?

LeesburgMKV

gold n' black
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
hey FK wrenches, i need some... haha i wanna raise my car 1/2" or 1/4" but the guy i bought the car from didn't have the wrenches. you know were i could get some?

I told ECS tuning that the people who did my install said that they weren't in the box (because they told me that even though it's bull shit, the bubble wrap that they were wrapped in was literally in the box that they returned to me) and they sent me a free set that I received yesterday. They sell them as well I believe.

EDIT: Why the hell do you want to raise the car????? Your stance is perfect.

ChefMKV

Will Cook For Parts
Car(s)
GTI
haha i may want to raise it VERY VERY little depending on the bumps in the area. ill have to test it out a little more... we shall see.