GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

Fastest production car

golfdave

Drag Racing Champion
Ride
MK7 Golf GT Estate
Nice, knew it was down there didnt realize it was quite that quick.
Over this side of the pond we have an unnerving tendency to make small, lightweight, cars with big engines in them...usually a Rover V8

There was also:-

Westfield SEight...so lightweight Caterham type car with a Rover V8 in capacities up to 5.1lt with 350bhp & similar torque , & weight of approx. 670kg...0-60 in 4.2secs

Caterham Levante...carbon Kevlar bodied car, with a 2.4lt supercharged V8, with over 550bhp....530kg weight...0-100mph in 8.2secs.....0-60mph in 2.8secs

Ultima GTR 720..looks like a race car & was the work mule for the Maclaren F1 (in older GT spec)...6.4lt, 720bhp...0-60 in 2.5secs...top speed 235mph...

Marcos Mantis GT....4.6lt V8....(Rover)...506bhp, 0-60mph in 3.5secs...

We do nuts road cars over here....nice & small....

bentin

Go Kart Newbie
Ride
2018 GTI SE
Anyone claiming the Tesla is fast is using such a rare scenario, fully charged, pre cooled batteries, certain weather conditions and a bunch of menu selections just to even make it possible. This chart explains all I need to know about Tesla's "performance."

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Ride
2018 SE DSG
Anyone claiming the Tesla is fast is using such a rare scenario, fully charged, pre cooled batteries, certain weather conditions and a bunch of menu selections just to even make it possible. This chart explains all I need to know about Tesla's "performance."

Well when you come up against one at a stoplight be aware that the Tesla didn't just make 15 consecutive 1/4 mile runs so it will still beat you.

bentin

Go Kart Newbie
Ride
2018 GTI SE
Well when you come up against one at a stoplight be aware that the Tesla didn't just make 15 consecutive 1/4 mile runs so it will still beat you.
Not really my experience. Even stock, over 40, no trouble with any that weren't P models. I enjoy picking on Model 3's at highway speeds, they don't seem to understand that they're not fast once they're rolling.

ChrisMk77

Go Kart Newbie
Ride
2018 GTI Performance
Not really my experience. Even stock, over 40, no trouble with any that weren't P models. I enjoy picking on Model 3's at highway speeds, they don't seem to understand that they're not fast once they're rolling.
Exactly look up Tesla 60-130 times on the dragy app, George with the mid ten second quarter mile tin can tesla run low 9s, A guy from Sweden that always produces fast times with his Revo stage 3 Golf R has posted a 10.21 run with a P100D, well within reach of a IS38 gti on E85.

Carlosfandang0

Drag Racing Champion
Ride
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Ride
2018 SE DSG
I said at a stoplight.

Sumfuncomet

Go Kart Newbie
i just bought a 2017 E63 mercedes S. 0-60 with launch control 3.3 seconds. V8 power and a vicious 50-90 acceleration.......and, it never needs charging! it gets 16-17MPG and I eally dont care. Still have my modded Alltrack for sale in the classifieds.