GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

Farewell mk5, welcome Cupra

blkmaggtsp74

Ready to race!
Had this GT for 6 years, daily with some mods and seen some track duty. Never had any problems with it, despite my abuse to it. Great car, 1.4tsi with just under 200hp. But time for something better.
Seat Leon Cupra 280 with pretty much everything in it. For those not familiar, it's basically a Golf gti with pp and an R-engine. More to come, thinking tune, springs, rear bar and maybe some not so heavy wheels.
Promises of around 330-360hp with only tune so it will be interesting for sure.
Pic of the old...

Attachments

blkmaggtsp74

Ready to race!
After some spirited driving i decided the boat anchors of 19" wheels just had to go. Found some Audi TT-wheels with fresh tires. 17x8.5" with 225/45 and 235/45 Continentals.
The previous owner had some stance thing going on with the 235's in the rear. But i decided to get more grip up front, reverse stagger. Car feels much better now, like it's been to the gym. Had to put 10mm spacers in rear, as it was very close to the dampers.
H&R springs are ordered to get rid of the Jeep-stance. Not sure if i'll keep the reverse stagger after it's been lowered, might get some rub but hopefully not.

Attachments

blkmaggtsp74

Ready to race!
Pretty much done for the summer to come(i keep telling myself lol).
Lowered on H&R, -1".
Deleted resonator and muffler and going 2.5" pipe all the way to the back box. The original system had some weird combination of 2-2.5" piping.
New tires contis with "Aristos" 18x8" et45.
Stage 1 tune done too, now having 330hp and 480nm!

Attachments

blkmaggtsp74

Ready to race!
Intake time... After lots of researching i happened to find something in the used market.
VW R600, huge filter and a box that looks very oem and uses the same mounting points. It also has openings both left and right in the front, instead of only left in the original box. And yes, there are openings in the front of the car for air to travel from both sides.
I think it's meant for the Golf R/gti and there may be some differences to mine, as the two front mounts doesn't fit 100%. Still nice, might do some slight grinding to make it fit better later on.
Feels edgier and doesn't make alot of noise so quite happy.

Attachments

blkmaggtsp74

Ready to race!
Been slowly tweaking this car and driving lots and lots. Kind of having it where i want now. It has a bigger rear bar now from H&R(26mm) that really helps with turn ins. It's not like it didn't like bends before, but it just feels more natural at it now.
Other than that, I am going to get some lighter wheels and stickier tires for track days.
17 or 18 OZ or Team Dynamics, we'll see.