GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

F23T vs Bolts on 5.0 vs Civic SI Turbo

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
Last saturday some friends an me did a few runs in a closed road in Mexico, first one is a 2013 Mustang GT with Exhaust, headers, intake, bigger throttle body and a tune (dyno tuned), that car its pretty fast for a normally aspirated car, no nitrous or anything, just wanted to see how bad he would beat me, second race it was an 8th gen Civic SI coupe with a turbo, i dont know much more about it, a friend of mine said it is a "small turbo", the runs.....

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
I am having some issues launching from a digg i am getting missfires in cyl 2 and 3 only when shifting into 2nd gear, any ideas?? plugs are BKR7E`s gapped at .022", a friend of mine suggested going one step colder, BKR8E`s, if i punch it in 2nd gear or anything other than 1st gear the missfires are unexistant.

Last edited by a moderator:

queen

~Nassia~
Car(s)
Seat Ibiza Cupra Mk5
You did that civic a favor going from a dig, nice kill though.

First you could try swapping them, from 2 and 3 to 1 and 4 to see if the misfires follow the plugs. That will confirm or rule them out.

I have 8's on so you can try them, Mexico is a hot country just like Greece so you'll likely have no problem.

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
You did that civic a favor going from a dig, nice kill though.

First you could try swapping them, from 2 and 3 to 1 and 4 to see if the misfires follow the plugs. That will confirm or rule them out.

I have 8's on so you can try them, Mexico is a hot country just like Greece so you'll likely have no problem.

Thanks for the reply, i will try that first, the set is not that old so i might re-gap them to be sure and do the swap to the other cylinders.

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
I know I've seen that plugs should be gapped at .026 for F23T.

I think i have seen Doug or DM recommend going with a lower gap for the F23T, it "works" fine in most scenarios tho, i have switched the plugs and gap them to .026"....and it works just fine :happyanim: or at least it hasnt failed yet, i beat my friend with his Caliber SRT4 without much problem going from digg, 25mph roll was much easier, loosing traction in 1st and 2nd gear is so easy this days :headbang:

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
Doug is not from DM tho, he is from FT, you might be talking about Bronson (DM account)