GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Experience with Unitronic and DBC, MJM

cas1337

Ready to race!
Yesterday I had planned to go to DBC performance in San Antonio to get flashed over to Unitronic Stage 2. I recently installed a downpipe and intake so I was going from no tune straight to stage 2.

That morning, Unitronic posted on their facebook page that their data servers were down. Later, they made another post stating the servers were back up and everything was good to go.

A friend of mine called DBC to check on a part and asked if they were equipped to do Unitronic flashes that day. They said no. I replied to Uni's facebook post about the servers being back up asking if they were indeed back up and if I would have a problem getting flashed today. They replied promptly and confirmed yes, everything was fine.

I called DBC to get the information first hand. Michael informed me they didn't have the latest cable and could not complete the flash. Additionally, DBC was thinking of telling Unitronic to "Go fly a kite". He enumerated to the the unreturned emails and phone calls and general communication problems. He said when customers drove down from out of state or other parts of the state and had issues with their unitronic software, Unitronic was unresponsive and DBC had to put customers in hotels overnight.

He also mentioned an instance in which he flew to a conference out of state to talk with Chris and Mike from Unitronic face to face. Needless to say they gave him the run around around and eventually blew him off.

After hearing this I posted on Unitronic's facebook page that the shop was unable to flash me over due to not having the correct cable. I also questioned why DBC would criticize their customer service, and that by the looks of their facebook page it seemed pretty good. This comment was promptly deleted.

I posted again saying I was sorry for posting this again on their facebook, but I'd like to know why an authorized dealer would speak such harsh words about them and that I would like to continue this conversation elsewhere.

I looked at their page later for a reply but they had not deleted the comment, they deleted the entire post as well as the one before it.

Because of Unitronic's unwillingness to address the issue and DBCs inability to help me out. I just went over to MjM Authohaus and picked up Revo Stage 2.

MJM couldn't have been more helpful. Kelly and Juan is good peoples.:thumbup:

Sicktred08fsi

Banned
Car(s)
K04`d B6
Revo FTW!!!! Im sorry you got the run around, but at least youre tuned now. Enjoying it???

Sales@Unitronic.ca

Ready to race!
Car(s)
This is not true, because i personally sent you a private message Mr ''Chris Simmons'' and i asked you to provide me the name of the dealer but you never replied to me ! however, you decided to post again on Facebook asking the same question without mentioning DBC ! issues like that can only be resolved privately not on Facebook my friend !

I really apologize that DBC treated you that way. Unitronic Head office will not tolerate such behavior from any dealers and therefore we will take the proper measures to rectify this problem on Monday !

anyway, i know for a fact that our customer service is A+ and you can ask around.

I really hoped Mr Simmons you replied to my message because i would've resolve your issue in no time !

Regards,

here is the message i sent you to your personal inbox !

FWDLOL

FRS T
Car(s)
2013 FRS
Never had any issues with Unitronic...and their software speaks for itself. I definitely wouldn't let a disgruntled dealer ruin your potential.

Bake

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
sounds to me like DBC put some negative thoughts in your head and convinced you not to like Unitronic right from the beginning. Take a step back and look at this from all perspectives. Its understandable that they would remove negative comments from their facebook page because things like this should be handled through personal communication, not publicly, especially if you only give half the story. Unitronic has a great customer service track record and the fact that they even responded within 1 day impresses me.

Good luck with your Revo tune, hope in the end you are happy.

Sales@Unitronic.ca

Ready to race!
Car(s)
sounds to me like DBC put some negative thoughts in your head and convinced you not to like Unitronic right from the beginning. Take a step back and look at this from all perspectives. Its understandable that they would remove negative comments from their facebook page because things like this should be handled through personal communication, not publicly, especially if you only give half the story. Unitronic has a great customer service track record and the fact that they even responded within 1 day impresses me.

Good luck with your Revo tune, hope in the end you are happy.

Of course, i responded quickly because to us Customer service is extremely important.

Part of my job is to resolve issues like that and make the client happy.

I wish he responded to my message that i sent to him 45 minutes after he posted on our FB. I would've helped him.

Anyway, what matters now is that he's happy with his tune .

Bake

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Of course, i responded quickly because to us Customer service is extremely important.

Part of my job is to resolve issues like that and make the client happy.

I wish he responded to my message that i sent to him 45 minutes after he posted on our FB. I would've helped him.

Anyway, what matters now is that he's happy with his tune .
and this just shows that good customer service goes a long way! Keep it up! :thumbsup:

cas1337

Ready to race!
Thank you, because at the end of the day without the clients, we're nobody
!
:thumbsup:

I've been interested in Unitronic and no other alternative since the beginning. I was just not available to drive to Ft Worth to pick up the tune. I didn't receive a message from you and if I had I would have responded. I'm not sure why I didn't receive a message, but I assure you nothing is in my inbox from yesterday from Unitronic.

I was in no way turned off by Michael's criticisms of Unitronic. I merely wanted to know what happened to cause such a feud.

If another unitronic dealer was within a reasonable distance, I would have gone there and purchased the software. However, I had to settle with the next best thing. Thanks for replying, Unitronic. Help's to show what's really going on here.

Last edited:

Sales@Unitronic.ca

Ready to race!
Car(s)
I've been interesting in Unitronic and no other alternative since the beginning. I was just not available to drive to Ft Worth to get pick up the tune. I didn't receive a message from you and if I had I would have responded. I'm not sure why I didn't receive a message, but I assure you nothing is in my inbox from yesterday from Unitronic.

I was in no was turned off by Michael's criticisms of Unitronic. I merely wanted to know what happened to cause such a feud.

If another unitronic dealer was within a reasonable distance, I would have gone there and purchased the software. However, I had to settle with the next best thing. Thanks for replying, Unitronic. Help's to show what's really going on here.

No problem Mr Simmons, i assure you i did send you a message as soon as i read your comment. I rather not discuss DBC and Unitronic in public forums. It is really sad what happened to you and we really apologize for such behavior from our dealer.

I assure you, the Unitronic Head office will take the proper measures to avoid such a problem occurring again.

IF you need anything please don't hesitate to e-mail me at sales@unitronic.ca.

Best Regards,

MJM Autohaus

GolfMkV Sponsor
Glad to hear we were able to get you squared away with REVO. We were one of the first REVO dealers in Texas and have flashed hundreds of cars with their software for over half a decade now with no issues whatsoever (which unfortunately, we cannot say for other files we've offered in the past). You'll love the tune a lot. As far as Unitronic goes, we do not offer their product in-house here at MJM, but have discussed the possibilities of such on more than one occasion with them. Seeing that there is an apparent absence of receiving their product in our area, maybe we'll have our Software Tech here at the shop revisit that if indeed our South and Central Texan customers sought their software. With DBC, you should make an attempt to get Berk on the phone over there next time. He's the head man over in charge and will surely get you taken care of. They're good lads.

Feel free to give us a call at 210.DUB.PART (382.7278) with a 30 day follow up on the REVO feedback if you'd like.

Last edited:

DBCPerformance

OEM & AFTERMARKET PARTS
Car(s)
An Imaginary GT2
I am sorry to see a customer suffering here. Also happy to hear that he has been taken care of by boys down the street.

As of 02.15.2012 DBC Tuning LLC and UNITRONIC has mutually agreed to part ways.

Once again, i would like to take a second and publicly apologize for the inconvenience, and lack of communication displayed here.

philwest21

Banned
Why is DBC being ridiculed over this? IMO they were just being honest with the customer. Seems like Uni has the real problem here, not giving DBC the ability to provide customer service. But whatever, glad you got things worked out OP.