GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Expect the Price of Gasoline to Skyrocket

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
With less demand there will be less supply.
I think you mean with less demand there will be MORE supply? That's usually how these things work.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
I think you mean with less demand there will be MORE supply? That's usually how these things work.

Except the oil barons dictate the flow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loonster

Ready to race!
Thank goodness that I got rid of the Pro 4x Xterra for the GTI then. That thing got 17 on the highway.

c72k

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
BMW
At it again. PG&E is going to push all costs to us, yet again.

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
Over time, I think it's pretty clear that if the number of ICE vehicles decreases dramatically, the need to refine automobile grade gasoline may well decline as well, which would, I would assume, drive the price up as everyone shifts to electrics and the oil companies (really, energy companies) shift to powering, well, power plants and stuff. How long that will take seems to be another thing, though; it's gonna take a looooong time before all the gas using cars are gone.

Trancebolt

Ready to race!
Very interesting sirs..... I fear not for my pockets reading this, but for my soul... foreshadowing more the move away from gas. Having no gas cars somehow feels like going from the handwritten letters and the pony express to phones and internet..... so what if it's better? Somehow a handwritten note is still worth more than a call or an email

As long as they sell gas I'm happy. Im all for torque fill from electric engines and hybrids/evs for the yuppies, but they can drive their soulless computers. I get enough of that shit at work.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

depth_charged

Ready to race!
If there was a easy way for an apartment dweller to drive an electric car with the performance of a stage 1 GTI for the same price, I would be driving electric.

I bet gas prices skyrocket long before electric cars take over as the majority for a lot of reasons.

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
If there was a easy way for an apartment dweller to drive an electric car with the performance of a stage 1 GTI for the same price, I would be driving electric.

I have a garage, and my commute (when I choose to go to the office) is 6 miles round-trip, but I still won't have an electric car. Every place I can think of to take a fun weekend roadtrip is exactly 50 miles outside the range of any electric car.