GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EVOMS Just Installed

4wealn mkv GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Just got back from the dealership after getting the OY update and re-flshing the APR program to a nice surprise. My Evoms intake had arrived. It was fairly easy to install. Only part that was tedious was to cut the stock engine cover to get it to fit. I have the EVOMS heat shield for the turbo and I also left the stock heat shield on the engine cover so there is a dual action going on. It was not as hard as I thought it would be. Performance is great and it also sounds good. Here are some pics. If anybody is thinking of getting an intake, in my opinion, this is the one.

4wealn mkv GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Sorry pics to come, too high res for the ones I have.

GTITampa

Drag Racing Champion
Real Intake :thumbsup:

4wealn mkv GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Here are the pics.

Attachments

• DSC00979.JPG
    DSC00979.JPG
    147.1 KB · Views: 1,109
  • DSC00980.JPG
    DSC00980.JPG
    137.9 KB · Views: 1,107
  • DSC00981.JPG
    DSC00981.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 1,094

njohanss

Ready to race!
looks good man...i actually just put on my evoms intake today and it sounds wicked awesome...the only hard part for me with install was getting the tube that goes down to the turbo off...kinda an awkward place to get tools into...anyone i would definately recommend this intake:thumbup:

njohanss

Ready to race!
x2:biggrin:

4wealn mkv GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
I actually used a tool to take off the clamp and had the clamp and the hose off in less than 2 mins. It pays to use the right tools. I got lucky and a friend at the VW dealership let me borrow his clamp tool.

njohanss

Ready to race!
I actually used a tool to take off the clamp and had the clamp and the hose off in less than 2 mins. It pays to use the right tools. I got lucky and a friend at the VW dealership let me borrow his clamp tool.

yeah i had to resort to regular pair of pliers so it was a little bit of a pain...i would have used vice grips if i had them here at school...but no big deal..the intake is awesome

vladimiros78

Hello
4wealn mkv GTI
Did you saw any improvement after the instalation.
Did the car does well on low RPM?
Is there a problem if i put a chip and an exhaust ?

thank for all.

njohanss

Ready to race!
i saw the best improvement in throttle response and more power higher rpms (it doesn't seem to die off quite as bad)...and the sound is great too...but yeah i definately feel the difference...not so much at low rpms but like i said throttle respose is definately better

4wealn mkv GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
yasou vladimiros, I have not had the proper weather to test it out as today it is also raining. Will it ever stop. I have had a hard time keeping the wheels from spinning because of the snow tires on my car but soon I will be changing them. njohanss is right. Not too much low end but better throttle response and more pull from what little I could tell due to the weather. I would recommend it to anybody interested in a CAI.
Yasou patritha!!!!