GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Evo 11 coming?

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
It would be nice if they added a sixth gear to the manual, so you can cruise at under 3k rpms at 80 mph.

The lack of a cruising gear always kept me from even considering an Evo.

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
For that money I'd rather buy an rs3 or a vette.

They're about 4 years too late imho. I've always loved evos but hated what the markets tried to do with em..

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
For that money I'd rather buy an rs3 or a vette.

They're about 4 years too late imho. I've always loved evos but hated what the markets tried to do with em..

I didn't see in the article where it said they'd be $60K+. :confused:

The last Evo's were $35-42K, depending on which transmission/trim line you wanted. Do you really think they'll nearly double the price?

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
I didn't see in the article where it said they'd be $60K+. :confused:

The last Evo's were $35-42K, depending on which transmission/trim line you wanted. Do you really think they'll nearly double the price?

I don't buy new vehicles but the two year old Evo market is kind of outrageous for what you get. I would bet a 2020 Evo in 2022 is 30-37

VL3X

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
I came from a string of STI's which I bought after test driving every model of EVO they brought to the states.

You'll have to pry my dead body out of my GTI. It's the best daily I've ever owned, and I've owned a lot of cars.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Right there with ya! I do sometimes miss my blue STI interior from my '04 and '06. I've been in a lot of EVOs too.. almost bought a couple, but those interiors were not nice. My STI was quicker and meaner, but the GTI is my favorite overall car I've ever owned.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
If its around in 3 years I might consider it as an alternative if I can't find a new R DSG at or under MSRP.. and if it has an auto option and is not over 44k.
Only if it has an auto option? I think you've got it backwards [emoji11]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk