GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurojet TB pipe fitment

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Anyone have issues with the fitment of the EJ TB pipe? I spent WAY too long this weekend trying to get it to fit well and I'm still not satisfied. I have the rest of the EJ FMIC already installed and was just trying to add this last piece. I have 2 major issues 1) they have a port for meth (which I'm not running) up above the DV bung. Problem is that it is too high on the pipe and interferes with the pipe fitting into the stock rubber coupler. I even tried to trim a bit out of the coupler to give the port some room but it still pushes too far up. That problem is possibly related to the other. 2) in order to get the mounting bracket onto the factory stud I have to really push the pipe HARD and it sticks so far into the factory coupler that (aside from the meth port issue) the coupler has a nasty kink in to leading into the engine. This all but negates the improvement from replacing the pinched stock TB pipe I would assume. Because I had to push the pipe so far up to get the bracket on the stud it is way off lining up with the cold-side outlet pipe from the IC as well. I used a longer silicone coupler to get it all sealed up but it isn't pretty. My best guess is that the mounting bracket is welded a good 1/2-3/4" too high on the pipe. I have a few pics but can't post them till Thursday night.

VBMikeP

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2 door GTI
It is definitely a bitch to get on, I spent a lot of time Saturday night putting one on. I didn't find that the port for meth on mine interfered with the installation though. The coupler between the throttle body pipe and throttle body on mine is turned slightly towards the driver's side of the car and the outlet from the intercooler lines up fine for me. Definitely get some pictures up.

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I'd say the meth port sticks the better part of an inch up into the coupler and makes the clamp fit piss-poor. And that big kink in it has to be bad for flow.

I just noticed you're in VA Beach too. Where at? I'm just off Pleasure House by the Wawa.

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Here are some pics.

This seems to be the root of the problems. I really had to force the pipe up from under the car to get this bracket on the stud. It was naturally hanging a good inch below the stud. The only mounting point for the pipe shoves the output end way up into the fitting on the engine, which jams the meth port into the fitting, creates a kink in the fitting, and causes the inlet end of the pipe to be badly aligned with the outlet of the IC plumbing (pics below). Also the clearance of the pipe with the radiator fan is maybe 1/2".

Here is the meth port (left side) up under the coupler. I even trimmed out about 1/4-1/2" of the coupler but that wasn't enough. Should have probably just left it. Now I'll need a new coupler if I ever go back to the stock TB pipe.

Alignment - I was able to use a longer coupler and get these sections forced in line enough to make it work but I would expect better alignment. There isn't really any adjustment I can make with the IC plumbing because it was a b*tch to get lined up too with the bracket secured. Seems like most/all of the brackets on this system could use some tweaking.

Joel@Eurojet

Ready to race!
The reason why that is not working correctly is because we sent you the silicone for the TB pipe to go to your FMIC. The upper connection to the TB does not use the OEM coupler. This would be the cause of your fitment issues. If you use the straight coupler that we provide, it will line right up and give you clearance for the methanol bung.

If I remember your purchase, you ordered this with the K04 kit. We initially included the OEM fitment FMIC with those kits from the GB. The long piece of silicone that is pictured looks like it has been trimmed down and cut. This would also explain why its not lining up.

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Nope. I have the entire Stg 3 FMIC currently installed. In the last pic you can see how the IC plumbing and the stock TB pipe didn't line up real well but the long coupler made it work.

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Funny...we're having the same conversation over email. But just for everyone else info I believe Joel has solved my problem. I didn't realize that they short silicone coupler they send replaces the OE coupler on the throttle body. I assumed it was to join the lower end of the TB pipe with the IC plumbing. So I'm going to remove the OE fitting and use the short silicone coupler on the top of the tube. That should eliminate the meth port issue, the kink in the coupler issue, and make it a lot easier to get the damn bracket on the support stud. And hopefully everything will line up better down below as a result. I'll report back after I have a chance to make the changes. Raining today so might wait.

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Spent some quality time under the car in the garage last night and everything fits so much better now that I know what pieces go where. A good bit more clearance on the radiator fan, the IC plumbing was only off by maybe 1/2 inch, and the meth port is no longer a problem. Now I just need to address the extreme kink in the silicone attaching my DV. Phil said the EJ bung is not at the same angle as the stock pipe so causes the connector to bend too much. I think he's sending me a 45 elbow that should take care of it.