GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Maestro: Fix for low boost on F23T base files (H-series ECU code)

f0ggy987

Disclaimer: What follows is just my own investigation and experience. You should do your own due diligence and I take no responsibility for any issues you encounter, etc...

Hi guys,

After installing my F23T a while ago I spend a long time chasing a suspected hardware issue that was causing me a weird issue:

Under WOT, boost would bounce around 12-14PSI until about 4K - 5K rpm, at which point it would shoot up over 20PSI and hold well.

To cut a long troubleshooting story short I discovered that it wasn't a hardware issue, but rather an error in the base Eurodyne Maestro F23T files for the H-series ECU code. The error affects both the stock and S3 injector files in the library, as listed here:

• 1K0907115H_F23_S3inj.mstro
  • 1K0907115H_F23_Stkinj.mstro

The issue is with the Boost duty map as shown here:

Compare that to the same map from the B-code ECU file:

For reference, here is the same map from the K04 file:

So here is how I fixed it:

Exported the following maps from the 1K0907115B_F23_StkInj.mstro library file and imported them into the H-code file:

• Boost duty
  • Boost PID

The Boost PID maps are very similar in both the B and H ECU code files, but knowing the close relationship between the two maps I decided to make sure they were a 'matched pair'.

Here are logs before and after I imported the maps. I didn't have to go through the entire RPM range to test and know if the issue was resolved, that's why it cuts off early:

You can see in the unmodified file I am only making 14PSI @ 3840rpm ; whereas in the modified file I am already over 20PSI @ 3440rpm

It's very noticeable on the street :smile:

I've seen a few threads where people have experienced the same issue...hopefully this information proves helpful to someone else.

Thanks

Tehred5pade

Passed Driver's Ed
When I had my gti, Frankenturbo had me turn Watergate down to 9psi... That solved ALL my issues. Dm tuner (not sure if he is still tuning) fought to fix the tune because we was told Watergate was one thing and not the other. Not sure if this was your end issue also, but figured I'd share

Nitrous1024

Ready to race!
but rather an error in the base Eurodyne Maestro F23T files for the H-series ECU code.

Was this file e-mailed to you by Eurodyne, or was it a file that you simply selected from the "database" in Maestro7?

I still have stock injectors, and stock turbo (but upgraded HPFP, intake and downpipe, but I had been having similar concerns with my R-series ECU Stage1 & 2 that they had to create and e-mail to me as my ECU wasn't in their "database" of tunes to select from.

Nitrous1024

Ready to race!
Correction: I now have the F23T and S3 injectors installed for a few months. It's sad to see that Eurodyne still has the error in the basemap today. I figure it is time for us to inform them of this error.
I'm trying to arrive at a Maestro file that works OEM-smooth for my car at idle. My car idles rather lumpy, but is smooth above 800 RPM. I can't use the "H" or "B" basemaps, as I have a revision "R" part number, but import I export the maps from either and import them in the basemap that I received from Eurodyne in Maestro to play around with. I never seem to settle on a file that I like as the fuel quality we get here in Jamaica is inconsistent at each fill-up at the pump. I'm afraid to trust some of the values I get using the Histogram (as the maps then take on unusual shapes).