GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Maestro 7 tuning thread

andysamland

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
And that log corresponds to that file correct? as in that file hasnt been altered after that log correct?

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
Is anyone here interested in doing some remote tuning?/or does anyone already do it? I'd like to do it myself, but my ability to concentrate just sucks.

andysamland

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
Just email me or Facebook me like I said. I'll help you where I can

vwcorg

Hey All!

I haven't seen this topic discussed yet (maybe I missed it while reading through late last night), but I am running into the following issue and wish to get it sorted out ASAP. You guys have a great handle on this stuff and hopefully you can help me out here.
Lower in the post there is a link to my Google Drive where datalogs and the current tune sits.

Statement of Problem
Overboosting by ~4psi; controller intervenes dropping WGDC and pulling timing excessively; controller compensates and allows for WGDC to increase and timing to return to normal.​

Question
How would you guys deal with this?​

Backstory
This all started when I purchased Eurodyne's Tuning Suite and had ridiculous counts of knock - upwards to 8 and 9. I pulled timing, increased fueling and reduced boost, but I did not know much about the software and I am not familiar with the terminology or MED9's table network. I went through a lot of revisions trying to settle things out and have been reasonably successful. That being said, I still have much to learn and just hope I don't break anything.​

Vehicle Information
  • 2007 GTI
  • Engine: BPY
  • Mods: None
  • Stage 1 Base Map

Current Tune Information

Methodology
I am using the Max VE table to set an ultimate limit on the engine. From looking at the base map, this seems to be the way that the developer did his tunes. The problem occurring is that there is an overboost when the engine reaches its setpoint and then the controller intervenes and causes oscillations until the integral components can settle out the errors. I figure I can create a critical dampening by increasing integral time using the integral table provided, but I do not think this is the best method as many people seem to stay away from this table (Reference Table: Boost PID).​

Excerpts from Current Datalogging

andysamland

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
in my eyes you can do a few things.... you can either
A) raise the boost request until it meets what you're actually hitting at said rpm
or
B) Lower wastegate duty cycle in said region to combat the overboosting and so the boost doesn't come on as hard.

I think it really depends on what you're trying to achieve here. if you like how hard the boost comes on and you have plenty of traction id recommend option A. If not then go with option B. Also I would personally adjust the injection correction as its taking quite a bit of fuel out.

On another note in the 4th gear pull log youre getting pretty stinking close to the injection time limit(9 ms). Just thought I'd let you know to keep an eye on that.

once again my opinion. I haven't tuned any of the baby turbos, only larger ones and this isn't an issue that would occur with my scenarios

andysamland

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
On a totally different note why are you only trying to request around 15 psi? Bring it on hard to 20+ and then taper it off in the higher rpm to save the turbo. Get the TQ down and then try and keep up lol.

vwcorg

On a totally different note why are you only trying to request around 15 psi? Bring it on hard to 20+ and then taper it off in the higher rpm to save the turbo. Get the TQ down and then try and keep up lol.

I dropped the boost level to reduce engine load until I get a few other things in order. Perhaps this is not the best route, but to me it seemed like I was playing it safe. The base tune supplied seems to be awful and needs a lot of work; I guess that it is why it is called a base tune. My plan is to bring it back up to those boost levels.

Your option A sounds like the plan that I will use as I do like a strong boost curve.

As for the injector correction, it is still the same from the base map. All I have changed are the Power Enrichment and Full Load Lambda tables to richen up the fuelling. The gas here is terrible ("91" Octane is similar to 89).

My current table is as follows:

I have not familiar with this table, but I assume that I reduce the value to mitigate the fuel being taken out. Would you do a blanket map change (minus say 0.1 from the entire map as a start)?

Also, what would cause the injector time to be so high? It seems weird to be reaching a maximum on stock setup.

Thanks for the help! I am obviously new to this.

Waffle

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GLI
I dropped the boost level to reduce engine load until I get a few other things in order. Perhaps this is not the best route, but to me it seemed like I was playing it safe. The base tune supplied seems to be awful and needs a lot of work; I guess that it is why it is called a base tune. My plan is to bring it back up to those boost levels.

Your option A sounds like the plan that I will use as I do like a strong boost curve.

As for the injector correction, it is still the same from the base map. All I have changed are the Power Enrichment and Full Load Lambda tables to richen up the fuelling. The gas here is terrible ("91" Octane is similar to 89).

My current table is as follows:

I have not familiar with this table, but I assume that I reduce the value to mitigate the fuel being taken out. Would you do a blanket map change (minus say 0.1 from the entire map as a start)?

Also, what would cause the injector time to be so high? It seems weird to be reaching a maximum on stock setup.

Thanks for the help! I am obviously new to this.
If you need to reduce fuel over the whole range, change in the injector constant. If you want to remove 3%, multiply the number by 3% and remove that from the value. The percentage can be found by looking at your long term fuel trims.

That table is for making adjustment at different fuel pressures and rpm. You can use that map to fix the fuel trims by running a trace after a drive. This will take your o2 corrections.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Last edited:

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys, quick question on maestro....will it pick up fault codes such as pcv valve issues, dv, etc? Also, I have r missions coming up where they plug into the OBD2 port, can I disable that to pass?