GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Maestro 7 tuning thread

cruizin01

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 Rabbit
I will pm or e-mail you snapshots of all my fueling related tables for you to compare. Can you take some cold start logs(measrto Logger) for me? Log start up idle, until the 02 sensor warms-ups. I will compare it with my logs and notes to see what I can find.

You emailed me one of your files. I flipped through it but nothing stood out as being too much different from mine. Obviously each of our own tunes is gonna vary. Just looking for cold start specific adjustments.

I could flash over all my maps with yours but I hate to lose the progress Ive made with mine. Would feel like a cheater :p

Yeah Ill log some cold starts w/ maestro. I know I have before but they are probably lost in the shuffle.

jjakimetz

Ready to race!
The only adjustable tables based on flaps are the actual flapper table, which I've adjusted to zero. (The map shows the flapper doing nothing at idle, which i don't know if that's true or not.) And timing maps, which should really do anything for the most part. Unless way off one way or the other

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

This picture shows a whole different set of Cam tables with flappers open or closed:

Bronson@APR

Banned
I've made adjustments here and there
In quite a few places.

For example
I don't fully understand the how target filling and optimum torque maps are configured. They are inverse but don't always match. I've read about what they mean but I've seen similar tunes with different numbers. Mainly on the top end.

There's a map for Max VE, how do you know what that is? I've bumped it because i believe the Ecu calculates this and if you go over starts yanking timing.

The minimum timing Map? does nothing in my experience.

How do you know when the Ecu Is using low vs High octane timing map? I tune with the high map.

Does It use optimal timing map? Ive just copied my high maps over.

My main issue right now is cold starts. The car likes to stall one time about 10 in before it will idle. There is a cold start map but it isn't used until the car guess into closed Loop which is about 30 seconds after start up. The combination of direct injection, weird spray pattern Rs4 injectors and no intake flapper motor attributes to this. So somewhere there is a map that sets definitions on initial start up that isn't available to us. Supposedly a few tuners have this issue fixed but for guys like me it's a battle.

13.5 is 135bar. You're tune should peak at this. Adjust as necessary.

I had minimal luck seeing changes on the 2 low pressure maps. I've had multiple pumps and don't see any change for the most part.

There are two optimal timing maps, I'm not sure what they'd be called in this suite though. There is also 2 base timing maps. Altering "Optimal Timing" will have "0" effect, this is basically you're MBT maps. You want to adjust base timing for something you'll actually be able to notice and log.

There is no boost map, you will never find a map that is based off of requested boost. To request load it goes through quite a few different tables, you'll need to know where the first table starts, then take the "Z" from it and understand it is inputted as an axis for target filling and then make sure peak load is not capped.

The issue with all of this is once you truly understand how a Motronic System works you're going to want more freedom than what you have available. Understanding an MED9/MED17 ECU as a consumer will literally be like a part time occupation and take MONTHS, quite literally 4-6 months until you master it and know the route you have to take to make a change and the effects it will have on the system. There are ways of making a powerful calibration by switching 30-40 maps but doing this will lead to a tune the fraction of the quality of something from a tuner who truly has full access. It will not be as steep of a learning curve with ~roughly 30-40 maps out of 8,000+ but I suppose that is the point.

Just be careful, the Motronic System is very resilient but not absolutely fool proof when working with these larger compressors.

cruizin01

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 Rabbit
This picture shows a whole different set of Cam tables with flappers open or closed:

If the intake flapper map is accurate and its never closed at idle then it shouldn't make a difference what these tables are set at...correct?

How much is timing going to effect my ability to idle? Possibly its more important when it comes to driveability when the engine is cold..

I guess my thinking is its more of a lean condition than anything else. But I could be wrong.

cruizin01

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 Rabbit
There are two optimal timing maps, I'm not sure what they'd be called in this suite though. There is also 2 base timing maps. Altering "Optimal Timing" will have "0" effect, this is basically you're MBT maps. You want to adjust base timing for something you'll actually be able to notice and log.

There is no boost map, you will never find a map that is based off of requested boost. To request load it goes through quite a few different tables, you'll need to know where the first table starts, then take the "Z" from it and understand it is inputted as an axis for target filling and then make sure peak load is not capped.

The issue with all of this is once you truly understand how a Motronic System works you're going to want more freedom than what you have available. Understanding an MED9/MED17 ECU as a consumer will literally be like a part time occupation and take MONTHS, quite literally 4-6 months until you master it and know the route you have to take to make a change and the effects it will have on the system. There are ways of making a powerful calibration by switching 30-40 maps but doing this will lead to a tune the fraction of the quality of something from a tuner who truly has full access. It will not be as steep of a learning curve with ~roughly 30-40 maps out of 8,000+ but I suppose that is the point.

Just be careful, the Motronic System is very resilient but not absolutely fool proof when working with these larger compressors.

Thanks for the info on the timing maps.

I understand there isn't a requested boost map.

I wont argue with you on the learning curve. I have hours and hours of logging time and making adjustments off a already useable base tune. Thats mainly to attempt a smooth timing curve and fueling that is semi accurate. And its far from perfect. But ok for the average joe like me.

NJdubber

Performance Enthusiast
Car(s)
Audi A3 2.0T FSI
I'm so glad this thread was created! So far good info has been shared lets keep it going!

also MED9 Funktionsrahmen is available in german. someone who is a member here has put it up on another site...idk if its ok to share, so ill let him link to it if he wants.
overall it is very similar to me7, but there are some differences.

ive never used Maestro so i dont know the maps available, but if you can add map definitions, i may be able to help with that. i have a decent amount defined for my ECU, and like someone already said, not every ecu version has maps in the same location. actually i think only 2 are the same. the k03 GTI 1K0907115R and the k04 edition 30 1K0907115T.