GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne 2-step

andysamland

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
For those of you who have eurodyne or are on the fence about getting it this great program now offers 2-step capabilities for the the MK5 gti!!!! This is great news and i can personally attest that it works awesome!!! If there is any questions just post them up and ill try to answer them to the best of my knowledge. Since this is new to our platform its going to be a lot of fun :happyanim:

navyslideby

Big Turbo Vroom
So you can simply go on, do the standard Eurodyne update that you always have to do, and flash in 2-step?
if this is so, 2 questions.
1. Can i raise my stock launch control rpm limit up and out of the way of 2-step, or does this eliminate the stock launch control rpm limit completely?
2. How do I activate it? lol

PureDope

Ready to race!
I'm guessing this works on dsg. Although I'm not sure if it's smart to enable.

I know nothing about this so just guesses.

I updated Maestro and voila! I have the option on my file.

I wonder what it means exactly when he says "It can cause damage to exhaust, turbo, and other hardware".

There's options for 2-step rpm, min speed and min rpm. Wooohoo.

andysamland

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
Yes I have gotten it to work. I have a six speed but my guess it is would flash over the stock launch control but I can't say that definitively. Yes you just update and pull up your tune and the option will be there to enable it and then the second map allows you to change the rpm. It can be dangerous because it ignites fuel close to the turbine wheel and can get things VERY hot if it's used a lot etc. Any more questions lemme know

navyslideby

Big Turbo Vroom
where are you finding this? i dont see anything on Eurodyne's website about it, i updated to the newest version of EVERY Eurodyne software program i have, and there isn't an option, that i can find, that allows you to activate 2-step.... their website states exactly this.

The 2-Step feature of
Maestro is now available for the following engine codes/modelsAWP-AWW (2001-2005 golf jetta 1.8T)

AMB (2003-2005 Audi A4 1.8T)

AWM(2001 Audi A4 1.8T)

APB (2000 to 2005) 2.7T

The MKV GTI is a BPY engine code....

So exactly where did you get this information from?

andysamland

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
I wouldn't recommend doing it with a cat. Will melt the the cat. And that's also why it won't shoot fire....

navyslideby

Big Turbo Vroom
Well I have a custom tune loaded right now that took my buddy and I a long time to get right. The other issue is I have a 115S ECU code so none of the standard base files in there will work for me.... He's looking into getting mine working right now. Other than those who have theirs posted, what turbo are the rest of you running that are activating this.

andysamland

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
K04 currently and fully built bottom end to handle the 62mm turbo that is in the garage waiting for me to find lines for it