GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurocars build thread

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Ended up going the less expensive route and picked up a new 1.8t alternator, tensioner and bracket. I shaved the bracket down to the bare minimum and painted it. Will still need to reroute upper coolant pipe

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Well, bought the bracket, shaved it and made it beautiful for nothing. Went to test fit today and found out the DI fuel rail interferes with the bracket. Tried modifying it to clear, but I would have to take too much material off of it. I have a spare FSI bracket, will have to modify it instead.

projectDIY

Nice to see its not only me that has these minor setbacks but glad you got it sorted. Its all trial and error. Ive mounted my catch can in where the expansion tank sat. Ive got some pics if that will help convince you?

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
I dont get on here much anymore, but when I do I check your thread! Keep it up man, fucking love it. <3
I have a bunch of catch can shit if you want to use them for parts/fab daddy stuff, BSH and ECS

npace

Autocross Champion
Cool thread, I'm usually never in here but I stumbled across this somehow. Quick question: what brake booster is that? It looks a lot thinner than the stock one.

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
@eurocars
Are you still working on your car?
I am, mostly just working out the little bugs I find. Havent done any other major work but I do have another full 4motion kit sitting in my garage. Still trying to decide on installing or selling. Building a new house now so havent been focusing on car stuff as much