GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurocars build thread

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
US car's don't have the charcoal canister in the engine bay.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
US cars don't have the charcoal canister in the engine bay.

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
So clean. Best tfsi engine bay period!

What did you do with horrible charcoal canister and fuel line port with the shitty plastic surround (near the firewall below the overflow bubble)? Is it vent to atmosphere? Can't remember and photobucket kidnapping all your pics doesn't help.

As Max said, no charcoal canister in the engine bay on US cars. Lines are vented in the rear. Old plastic lines and cover were removed and AN lines put in its place.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
We've actually been discussing catch cans recently

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Vacuum pump setup is in, tested and done. Gauge is visible behind the drivers headlight opening for quick operational checks. Had to make a new canister out of stainless because the PVC canisters wouldn’t seal for whatever reason

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
Nice work dude

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Sweet!
That Volvo pump is always powered/operating when ignition is in the ON position/engine running? Wiring is a simple 12V and ground?

The relay control side is ignition switch powered and runs through a vacuum switch which is screwed into the side of the reservoir (you can see the black and brown wires going to it in one of the pictures) The switch allows the relay to turn on and off depending on system vacuum. It will only run when the ignition is on and vacuum in the system is low preventing the pump from running all the time which would burn it out early. Hella has a heavier duty version for electric cars but I decided the $300 premium wasn't worth it if I could make a canister for $30 and get pumps from the junkyard all day long for ~$25.

Attachments

• VAC pump wiring diagram.JPG
    VAC pump wiring diagram.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 631

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Got my AEM 340 installed in the basket today, it fits perfectly. Soldered the AEM plug to the basket like the OEM connection instead of splicing them together. Not too many MKV people running them so I’ll have to see how it works. I went with this one because of e85 compatibility.

Working on running the alternator and starter cables from the bay to the interior. Ended up having to pull the entire dash and support bar again. Will post those after i get the cables installed

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
Got my AEM 340 installed in the basket today, it fits perfectly. Soldered the AEM plug to the basket like the OEM connection instead of splicing them together. Not too many MKV people running them so I’ll have to see how it works. I went with this one because of e85 compatibility.

Working on running the alternator and starter cables from the bay to the interior. Ended up having to pull the entire dash and support bar again. Will post those after i get the cables installed

Excellent, I was thinking to do the same but I was afraid that it won’t fit in the OEM basket without any modification. Could you share the part number of it? I think there are few part numbers of it depends on the LPFP style, right?
And do you know if it will fit for the AWD basket too or not?
Thx