GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurocars build thread

woofie2

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2011 GTI
I decided I didn't want to take the radio out if I had a fuse blow so I made a new bracket, welded a nut to it so the fusebox could bolt to it and put some nutserts into the dash support bar so I could bolt the bracket to it. Now all I'll have to do s peek my head under the dash to get at the box, plus still don't have to extend any wires

just stopped by to check, yup your car is apart again....
In the last 4 years has it been running more than it has been apart?

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
I'll post another update once I get back in town, been gone for the last 6 weeks. The mess of wiring in the interior has been tamed, all front end wiring has been extended and passed through the fenders. All wiring minus the heavier gauge stuff has gold pinned deutsch connectors on the cabin side for easy servicing. Also picked up a euro non-ac firewall to be shaved (because it was $60 cheaper than the US version for whatever reason, only difference was the smaller center hole for lack of ac lines)

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Found out that the euro non-ac firewall DOES fit. On the off chance that someone reading this will be doing this in the future and will not be keeping a/c, save yourself $60 and order the euro firewall. The only difference is the smaller hole for the lack of a/c lines. only tricky part was finding one, this one had to be ordered from europe and was the only one available

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
If you want more of those connectors, let me know. I work at SpaceX and we have them everywhere.

that would be awesome. I need the female end to this one eventually, just need to make sure there are enough pins on this connector for everything on the engine harness. You guys have the nickel plated mil-spec stuff?