GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

Eurocars build thread

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Ride
2006 GTI
Got it started tonight, fired up first try which I was amazed with. Video won’t upload with sound so I’ll get another one tomorrow

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Ride
2006 GTI
So after i got it started and running, i noticed something wasn’t quite right. It ran decent but sounded like a Subaru. Got to troubleshooting and found out that i had swapped injector #1/2 wiring at the bulkhead connector. They were both firing, just at the wrong times. Swapped pins and runs much better now.

Had a small coolant leak at one of the turbo supply lines but that is fixed, and there is a tiny amount of oil seepage from the engine girdle plate. I ALMOST gasketed it when i pulled the oil pan to seal it but thought it would be fine. Engine will need to come out to seal it back up, but it’s such a small leak I’m going to try and put some miles on it to work out the other kinks before i pull it again

woofie2

Ready to race!
Ride
2011 GTI
So after i got it started and running, i noticed something wasn’t quite right. It ran decent but sounded like a Subaru. Got to troubleshooting and found out that i had swapped injector #1/2 wiring at the bulkhead connector. They were both firing, just at the wrong times. Swapped pins and runs much better now.

Had a small coolant leak at one of the turbo supply lines but that is fixed, and there is a tiny amount of oil seepage from the engine girdle plate. I ALMOST gasketed it when i pulled the oil pan to seal it but thought it would be fine. Engine will need to come out to seal it back up, but it’s such a small leak I’m going to try and put some miles on it to work out the other kinks before i pull it again
Pictured as a black and white scene from Young Frankenstein, "Its alive, Its Alive!"

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Ride
2006 GTI
Finished fabbing the mount for the catch can. Trying to decide if i run the valve cover port to it as well or leave the filter on it

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Ride
2006 GTI
Axle spacer was finished up today, bought some longer ARP bolts to go with it. I ordered the correct axle from the UK, but it won’t be here until Halloween