GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

Eurocars build thread

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Ride
2006 GTI
Got it started tonight, fired up first try which I was amazed with. Video won’t upload with sound so I’ll get another one tomorrow

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Ride
2006 GTI
So after i got it started and running, i noticed something wasn’t quite right. It ran decent but sounded like a Subaru. Got to troubleshooting and found out that i had swapped injector #1/2 wiring at the bulkhead connector. They were both firing, just at the wrong times. Swapped pins and runs much better now.

Had a small coolant leak at one of the turbo supply lines but that is fixed, and there is a tiny amount of oil seepage from the engine girdle plate. I ALMOST gasketed it when i pulled the oil pan to seal it but thought it would be fine. Engine will need to come out to seal it back up, but it’s such a small leak I’m going to try and put some miles on it to work out the other kinks before i pull it again

woofie2

Ready to race!
Ride
2011 GTI
So after i got it started and running, i noticed something wasn’t quite right. It ran decent but sounded like a Subaru. Got to troubleshooting and found out that i had swapped injector #1/2 wiring at the bulkhead connector. They were both firing, just at the wrong times. Swapped pins and runs much better now.

Had a small coolant leak at one of the turbo supply lines but that is fixed, and there is a tiny amount of oil seepage from the engine girdle plate. I ALMOST gasketed it when i pulled the oil pan to seal it but thought it would be fine. Engine will need to come out to seal it back up, but it’s such a small leak I’m going to try and put some miles on it to work out the other kinks before i pull it again
Pictured as a black and white scene from Young Frankenstein, "Its alive, Its Alive!"

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Ride
2006 GTI
Finished fabbing the mount for the catch can. Trying to decide if i run the valve cover port to it as well or leave the filter on it

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Ride
2006 GTI
Axle spacer was finished up today, bought some longer ARP bolts to go with it. I ordered the correct axle from the UK, but it won’t be here until Halloween

iowarabbit

cornfed.
Ride
07K '09 Audi TT
Just had a different flavor of the same issue putting an 02M into my MK2 TT. I was able to run the stock driver axle, but the flange at the angle drive was a good 30mm inboard of the 02E that I pulled out. I ended up disassembling an inner CV and double stacked them as a spacer until Marty at Raxles got me sorted :ROFLMAO:

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Ride
2006 GTI
Finally just got my account back, it was not working earlier for some reason. Not many updates since last time, too cold to drive it.

Fried of mine picked up a 944 recently and is planning to 07K swap it so we've been working on that.

zrickety

The Fixer
Ride
09 GTI
Awesome man. I left here over 4 years ago, I think you had just started the motor build...and now it's finally running. Lol. Glad you're still here.