GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ESC Defeat For 2012+ Golf R Also Seems To Work for 2012+ GTIs

Rolling_GTI

Ready to race!
Nice reading there ^^

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Terrific info'the mod of the year,at least so far for the R models.Has anyone done it in the GTI?

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
I have the below hardware and coding on my 11 GTI and this did not work...

Control Module Part Number: 1K0 907 379 BC
Component and/or Version: ESP MK60EC1 H30 0106
Software Coding: 114B600C49280001881206E9921A0041B70800

flygti2013

Ready to race!
my buddy (Golf R driver) did this to my 2013 GTI yesterday and it works.... no clue what coding he used.. he is the "VAG-COMM" guy in our group....

short press and you get the warning just like any other stock car... long press it turns it all off and where the time is it flashes in yellow/orange "ESC OFF"

Last edited:

BillyBob

is afraid of the dyno...
I may try this after school is over. I can't risk not having a car during finals. With my luck, I'll get the coding wrong and something blows up.

MooreHeat

Ready to race!
Is anyone reading anything? Man, read the damn thread..

Yup. Read it. Still don't understand exactly what it does. Thanks for helping though, your help is always appreciated!!! :thumbsup:

speed4568

Ready to race!
just tried this on my 2012, same part number. WORKS GREAT!!!!!

iAmLodi

Ready to race!
my buddy (Golf R driver) did this to my 2013 GTI yesterday and it works.... no clue what coding he used.. he is the "VAG-COMM" guy in our group....

short press and you get the warning just like any other stock car... long press it turns it all off and where the time is it flashes in yellow/orange "ESC OFF"

I drive a 2012 GTi (Canadian spec). My car does this stock. No coding necessary. Short press = traction control off. Long press = ESC/stability control off. :iono: