GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

ErBall's Thunderbunny Build log

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Ride
Thunderbunny
Had little to no time to work on the car recently, but did spend a few evenings refinishing the calipers. They're far from perfect, but they'll stop the car and match the rears.

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Ride
Thunderbunny
Sometimes I get lucky.

Threw on the brakes. Huffs needed 13mm spacer to fit, Audi wheels fit without. Going to buy tires this weekend. Still have to swap out the oil pan. Old drain bung was leaking had a new one and a new bung welded on. Hopefully I'll get a chance to go out and run some logs this weekend.

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Ride
Thunderbunny
Took a trip to tire rack this weekend. Bought some v12 evos. Also got the wheels and brakes on this weekend.

Also swapped out my old pan and a new oil drain line. It poured all day today, so I wasn't able to get out and actually drive this weekend.

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Ride
Thunderbunny
Make sure you get that intermediate gear for the front...parts should have told you that anyways.

Also have fun with that rear plastic sleeve.
Why do I need to replace the intermediate gear?

Likewise details on the sleeve difficulty?

That gear meshes with the balance shaft and sets lash once worn in, if u dont replace it eventually one or both gears will fail.

Theres been a few revision of that sleeve, you need to make sure the notch is lined up correctly and inserted correctly, they break if not done right. i dunno which one u have so its hard to say.

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Ride
Thunderbunny
Cars been back together for a few days now.

Replaced the shafts and timing. Likewise I've gotten sick of the 5858s powerband. Ordered a gtx3071r to replace it.