GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
They told me Seafoam should work just as well to reduce knock. I haven't tried it yet, though.

Also quick question: Browsing through this thread, I'm seeing people at Stage 2 running the boost I'm running at Stage 1 (28+ psi peak according to logs). I'm at about 1100 ft altitude with an average of 5500 DA, and temps vary from 60-110 F. Is that normal? I saw earlier Stage 1 tunes running much lower boost, but maybe they've just adjusted timings between early revisions and current ones.

Seafoam doesn't raise octane it's just a fuel system cleaner.

Alex MK7

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
For the EQT Stage 2 E30 blend tune, is it just like their base Stage 2 map but with the option to add in 30% E? I can daily it around on 93pump only but add E when I want the extra sauce?

Sleep7R

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 Golf R DSG
Seafoam doesn't raise octane it's just a fuel system cleaner.
Oh, I know. I just mentioned that Aaron said it reduces knock.

Though maybe he meant it like it would clean my valves, but I only have ~9k miles on the car so I don't think that's what's causing the knock.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Oh, I know. I just mentioned that Aaron said it reduces knock.

Though maybe he meant it like it would clean my valves, but I only have ~9k miles on the car so I don't think that's what's causing the knock.

Did you replace any of your charge/IC pipes? If so, I would double check them to make sure nothing is loose and banging around because that can cause false knock.

Sleep7R

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 Golf R DSG
Did you replace any of your charge/IC pipes? If so, I would double check them to make sure nothing is loose and banging around because that can cause false knock.
Nah, haven't replaced anything on the car aside from the wheels.

Also anyone know how long Cobb usually takes to enable DSG capabilities on AP? I ordered on Monday and figured it would be here by now.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
I think it’s behind the throttle body under the DI rail. There’s a small plug behind the injector harness plug under the manifold drivers side that is for it.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
F06D0BD3-7A29-42CD-BA70-A43D54DBD3E2.jpeg

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
They told me Seafoam should work just as well to reduce knock. I haven't tried it yet, though.

Also quick question: Browsing through this thread, I'm seeing people at Stage 2 running the boost I'm running at Stage 1 (28+ psi peak according to logs). I'm at about 1100 ft altitude with an average of 5500 DA, and temps vary from 60-110 F. Is that normal? I saw earlier Stage 1 tunes running much lower boost, but maybe they've just adjusted timings between early revisions and current ones.

From what I learned and noticed experimentally, the worse your ambient conditions are, the more boost the ECU will request to meet torque targets. I boost higher at 2700 ft than at sea level.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
From what I learned and noticed experimentally, the worse your ambient conditions are, the more boost the ECU will request to meet torque targets. I boost higher at 2700 ft than at sea level.

Does it also retard timing while it's trying to increase boost?

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Does it also retard timing while it's trying to increase boost?

Not necessarily retard timing as much as not advancing, ie; 6• advance timing vs. say 10• advance in better conditions. In the grand scheme of things advance>boost.