GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
I mainly want it to remove the torque limiter.

Right now during launch, my car is cutting power, which results in 0-60 times around the same as stock. My 60 ft is really suffering (1.98 stock vs 2.08 at Stage 1). It's really annoying and I can't really feel the Stage 1 tune's power outside of freeway pulls.

Also switched to Shell. I'm noticing more power, but still some knocking going on (albeit less than with Chevron), mainly in the lower RPMs and gradually decreasing at high RPMs.

https://datazap.me/u/mbgolf7r/shell-1?log=0&data=8-11-19-20-21-22

https://datazap.me/u/mbgolf7r/shell-2?log=0&data=8-11-19-20-21-22
You need to code out TC and starting vibration/rough road which ever you have or both to launch the car without interference, or just pull the ABS fuse to test.

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
What's the current wait time if an order is placed for an accessport with EQT staged tune?

Sleep7R

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 Golf R DSG
You need to code out TC and starting vibration/rough road which ever you have or both to launch the car without interference, or just pull the ABS fuse to test.
Oh, I was looking into that.

Edit: Just tried it. First launch was good and got the best 0-60 I've ever had. However on two subsequent 1/4 mile pulls, it started cutting power again even with TC and rough roads disabled, and I launched slower than stock.

What's the current wait time if an order is placed for an accessport with EQT staged tune?
Since I just got mine, I think I can weigh in. They shipped my order on the 3rd business day, which was a Friday. It arrived on Monday.

Last edited:

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
May take another tank or 2 to get all that shitty Chevron out. Echo Jim's comment, not much 'tard which makes me think fuel. Also what Prof. Diggs said too. My Gawd that boost curve looks all roller coastery :oops:.

Sleep7R

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 Golf R DSG
So Aaron from EQT suggested I put a gallon or two of E85 in a tank to offset the Chevron 91. Zero knock!

Also here's a datalog from a launch. You can see timing bouncing around at the start and torque dropping when I let off the brakes. I think this is resulting in really poor (4.5-4.8 seconds) 0-60's compared to stock, and I can feel the engine cutting power even with ESC off and vibration disabled.

https://datazap.me/u/mbgolf7r/shell-91-e85?log=0&data=8-11-15-19-20-21-22-37&zoom=95-400

Hopefully DSG tune will solve this.

ScozR

Ready to race!
Do you guys think a good quality octane booster will achieve the same results in reference to reducing or eliminating knock as well as E85 does? E85 is not available anywhere near me.

Sleep7R

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 Golf R DSG
Do you guys think a good quality octane booster will achieve the same results in reference to reducing or eliminating knock as well as E85 does? E85 is not available anywhere near me.
They told me Seafoam should work just as well to reduce knock. I haven't tried it yet, though.

Also quick question: Browsing through this thread, I'm seeing people at Stage 2 running the boost I'm running at Stage 1 (28+ psi peak according to logs). I'm at about 1100 ft altitude with an average of 5500 DA, and temps vary from 60-110 F. Is that normal? I saw earlier Stage 1 tunes running much lower boost, but maybe they've just adjusted timings between early revisions and current ones.

Last edited:

Robsvictims

Car(s)
GTI
So Aaron from EQT suggested I put a gallon or two of E85 in a tank to offset the Chevron 91. Zero knock!

Also here's a datalog from a launch. You can see timing bouncing around at the start and torque dropping when I let off the brakes. I think this is resulting in really poor (4.5-4.8 seconds) 0-60's compared to stock, and I can feel the engine cutting power even with ESC off and vibration disabled.

https://datazap.me/u/mbgolf7r/shell-91-e85?log=0&data=8-11-15-19-20-21-22-37&zoom=95-400

Hopefully DSG tune will solve this.
I do not know if there is a fix yet for the newer models with the car cutting power. As I understand you can disable certain things like rough road /starting vibration, but it’s not a 100% solution on some 2018s and all 2019s plus as it was in prior years. Hopefully something comes down the pipeline soon

Sleep7R

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 Golf R DSG
I do not know if there is a fix yet for the newer models with the car cutting power. As I understand you can disable certain things like rough road /starting vibration, but it’s not a 100% solution on some 2018s and all 2019s plus as it was in prior years. Hopefully something comes down the pipeline soon
Man, if I'm still slower than stock even after the DSG tune, I'm giving up on this car, lol.

Sleep7R

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 Golf R DSG
Get this. The stg 2 with the big E
Already talked to them and I'm getting dyno tuned by them once my IE intercooler arrives. Already have the AMS downpipe sitting in my living room.

Really just using Stage 1 as a stopgap until it gets here, so it'd be nice if the torque limiter problem is fixed by then.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

You can probably run more timing on E than an octane booster but since you don't have E available use Torco Accelerator octane booster. I've used it daily for over 25,000 miles.