GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
If you don't have the 2.5 release, then you don't have the refined release.

Do I have to buy another tune to get the 2.5 version or update the tune I have? I'd love to update the EQT stg 1 91oct I currently have and buy the stg 1 E30 tune for track and autocross.

Edit - Nevermind, I found the update option on the web page, it's $25. That's pretty reasonable.

Last edited:

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed
Do I have to buy another tune to get the 2.5 version or update the tune I have? I'd love to update the EQT stg 1 91oct I currently have and buy the stg 1 E30 tune for track and autocross.

Edit - Nevermind, I found the update option on the web page, it's $25. That's pretty reasonable.
Update is definitely with if you have a 2019 or newer

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I've discovered that the Access Port is pretty smart. When my battery was starting to get weak, unbeknownst to me, the Access Port simply wouldn't start the flash.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Anyone see if there were notes for the latest DSG tune revision? I see 2.03 listed on the staged tune update page but can't find any notes.

Agray

Go Kart Champion
Does anyone remember if AP’s and Staged tunes were included in the boost weather sale last year? It would be sweet to have the same offerings as Ed put out in the spring with the tunes included for free with the AP purchase.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Does anyone remember if AP’s and Staged tunes were included in the boost weather sale last year? It would be sweet to have the same offerings as Ed put out in the spring with the tunes included for free with the AP purchase.

Should be the same offering. His boost weather sale was his original sale and he didn't plan on doing more than that. Turbos should be on sale and staged tunes should come included with the AP too.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
I think last year, if you purchased AP you got a free or severely discounted staged tune, IIRC.

JS12

Ready to race!
I've been out of the loop for a while and was excited to see that EQT has DQ381 and E30 tunes now available for my 2018 R. I have a couple of "grass is greener" questions that I haven't found in my limited skimming of this thread:

1. How does the Stage 1 tune affect emissions readiness? I was disappointed to learn that my IE Stage 1 tune requires me to flash back to "stock" to pass inspection. According to OBD11, at least 3 readiness checks are disabled when running the Stage 1 tune. I'd like to avoid refreshing twice a year if possible just for an inspection.

2. Knowing there are a ton of variables at play, I'm trying to get a sense of how much additional power I might be leaving on the table with my current tune vs. the EQT Stage 1 93 or E30 tunes? For reference, my mods are IE Stage 1 93 HO tune, IE DQ381 Tune, UM Haldex Tune, drop in filter, PS4S.

My best Dragy 60 ft is 1.8 with a best 0-60 of 3.98.

Overall, I've been happy with my current setup but if I could pick up a couple of tenths in the 0-60 and avoid having to reflash, that might be enough for me to try it out. I'm completely aware that I've hit the law of diminishing returns here and would be better served with an intercooler/DP/Stage 2 for the same cost, but I just don't have the energy right now to deal with hardware headaches.

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes
I've been out of the loop for a while and was excited to see that EQT has DQ381 and E30 tunes now available for my 2018 R. I have a couple of "grass is greener" questions that I haven't found in my limited skimming of this thread:

1. How does the Stage 1 tune affect emissions readiness? I was disappointed to learn that my IE Stage 1 tune requires me to flash back to "stock" to pass inspection. According to OBD11, at least 3 readiness checks are disabled when running the Stage 1 tune. I'd like to avoid refreshing twice a year if possible just for an inspection.

2. Knowing there are a ton of variables at play, I'm trying to get a sense of how much additional power I might be leaving on the table with my current tune vs. the EQT Stage 1 93 or E30 tunes? For reference, my mods are IE Stage 1 93 HO tune, IE DQ381 Tune, UM Haldex Tune, drop in filter, PS4S.

My best Dragy 60 ft is 1.8 with a best 0-60 of 3.98.

Overall, I've been happy with my current setup but if I could pick up a couple of tenths in the 0-60 and avoid having to reflash, that might be enough for me to try it out. I'm completely aware that I've hit the law of diminishing returns here and would be better served with an intercooler/DP/Stage 2 for the same cost, but I just don't have the energy right now to deal with hardware headaches.

You're past the point of needing an intercooler upgrade. They're easy to install and would help you out better than a new tune. It's a required supporting mod, so just get it first and then look at changing tunes.

Mosquito

Go Kart Champion
I was under the impression that ST1 is to be ran with the OEM DP and would cause absolutely no emissions issues or should I say, alter any readiness parameters as all sensors are fully enabled and good to pass.

JS12

Ready to race!
I was under the impression that ST1 is to be ran with the OEM DP and would cause absolutely no emissions issues or should I say, alter any readiness parameters as all sensors are fully enabled and good to pass.

I thought so too until failing the inspection check, emailing IE and receiving confirmation from them that their tune requires flashing to stock to pass emissions testing.