GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT DSG Custom Tune Questions

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
I have an EQT DSG staged tune I purchased over a year ago. I've always hated the shift from 3rd to 4th is pretty harsh. To the point I lowered my ECU tune so it wouldn't shift as hard on 3rd onto 4th.

I went back into EQT website and realized they have a DSG staged Customization tune.
Level 1- launch control RPM ($100)
Level 2- L1- + WOT shift points ($300)
Level 3- L2- + part throttle shifts in 1 mode ($500)
Level 4-L3- + any other customization ($700)

I dont remember this being an Option at the time last year but I could be wrong as i was told all i needed was the standard DSG staged tune, its what i choose and didnt look any further into it.

does anyone know if EQT custom DSG tune is for DQ381 for MK7.5 GTI? it doesnt specific on there website like other companies do, such as Uni, APR, TVS, UM Etc.

does the clamping force increase from different custom levels of upgrades? or does it remain the same?

why doesnt EQT post this info on the website to eliminate people needing to email or make forum posts to get answers.

And i run TPC38 Custom Tune (not by EQT) but EQT DSG tune works fine, its just at WOT from 3rd to 4th is very harsh. I feel any more power might break something in DSG.

is anyone Running EQT DSG Custom tune On MK7.5 ONLY, with DQ381 having similar issue or are your shifts smooth and tight through all the gears?

** does not apply to MK7 DQ250 DSG **

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
The TCU and ECU tunes have to work together. The ECU reports torque to the TCU and that will dictate how hard the clutches get engaged on shifts. Since we don't seem to have such issues with our ECU tunes, I suspect this is the issue. You may want to talk to your tuner about adjusting the reported torque. If you still need assistance and would like to customize the tune, you're welcome to purchase a customization option.

Thanks
-- Ed

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Actually, upon further review, it looks like you have a vendetta against EQT (based on your signature and post history). So I'm not sure why you're even using our DSG tune? Please use the appropriate matching DSG tune from whatever tuner you've been working with for the past year.

-- Ed

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
Actually, upon further review, it looks like you have a vendetta against EQT (based on your signature and post history). So I'm not sure why you're even using our DSG tune? Please use the appropriate matching DSG tune from whatever tuner you've been working with for the past year.

-- Ed

Thank you Ed, that makes sense. I did have an EQT TCU and ECU tune I purchased as a package a year ago. But I did change my ECU tune after. I kept the TCU tune cause I figured it wouldn't be an issue. I guess i was wrong. No I don't have a Vendetta against EQT. If you saw my signature then you must have also seen my posts where I try to help a person currently looking for a DSG tune which he thought you guys can't tune a 2021 MK7 GTI, and I told him I'm EQT DSG tune with DQ381 tranny it works fine and he should look into you guys. So I know you don't like when I say something negative about EQT but I also don't keep people from going to your company.

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE