EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
This is a Cobb AP tune. OS uses lower PWM tables and closed loop fueling. Cobb is the one that uses open loop and doesn't have LPFS readings on DI so they guess and cause too much duty to be requested. OS can see and scale the table easily.

That's literally all false.

- The guy who posted the pictures stated he's tuning via OS.

- Cobb has closed loop LPFP control and has had it for years.

- Cobb has LPFP readings/monitors for logging

This is all there and up to the tuner to set up and use.

-- Ed

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Hard to see in the picture, which is why I asked for some clarification. Thanks! Seems like the pump is being overdriven for no reason. There are 550 WHP cars running about 60% duty on full E on the RS3 pumps. Should be no reason for the pumps to be running hard enough to melt things. I'm running a 15A fuse on my setup still and no issues.

If the wire size is too small or connectors are not done properly, there is a lot of extra resistance. This increases heat exponentially.

We also have zero issues with our pumps/controllers/tuning with cars running over 600whp... even 650whp running a larger pump on the same controller.

-- Ed

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
sorry, are we still repeating the nonsense that EQT "makes" these?

Not sure what you're referring to? We make several pieces of our kit including the harness and a couple fittings.

-- Ed

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Yea, get them down low enough and they'll just stop making them, you perenium.

This is very true. The race to the bottom is real and that historically drives away companies from continuing development for specific platforms.

While we're exploring options to bring down costs for these fuel pumps, we will not make/sell them if we can't make enough profit on them to make the product sustainable. That wouldn't make sense right?

-- Ed

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
That's literally all false.

- The guy who posted the pictures stated he's tuning via OS.

- Cobb has closed loop LPFP control and has had it for years.

- Cobb has LPFP readings/monitors for logging

This is all there and up to the tuner to set up and use.

-- Ed
That wasn't the information I recieved when I asked yesterday.

Almost all rs3 pump melting posts I've seen have been Cobb AP tunes.

Weird the end user wouldn't know how to adjust their pwm tables. Most melting are DI only with no lpfs. Mpi you can see your rail BAR.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
If the wire size is too small or connectors are not done properly, there is a lot of extra resistance. This increases heat exponentially.

We also have zero issues with our pumps/controllers/tuning with cars running over 600whp... even 650whp running a larger pump on the same controller.

-- Ed
I can totally see how an improperly crimped connector that could cause heat and melting. It wouldn't hurt for everyone with aftermarket kits check their harness every once in a while I guess. Not like it's really difficult to get to.

Last edited:

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
Good customer support is not cheap. Neither is a good warranty. And without speaking to the quality of any one product or any one companies offerings, R&D and testing that delays bringing a product to market is also expensive.

Some people like to wrench and test things and troubleshoot and tinker. Some people have large budgets. Some people have lot's of free time. And some people don't and just want things to work and, if they don't work, want a fast and easy solution. To each their own. I don't know why companies that support this platform get railed so much on this forum. The market will dictate the price, and for practically everything there are different options at different price points. Get whatever you prefer and let everybody else do the same. Everyone finds value in something different.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Good customer support is not cheap. Neither is a good warranty. And without speaking to the quality of any one product or any one companies offerings, R&D and testing that delays bringing a product to market is also expensive.

Some people like to wrench and test things and troubleshoot and tinker. Some people have large budgets. Some people have lot's of free time. And some people don't and just want things to work and, if they don't work, want a fast and easy solution. To each their own. I don't know why companies that support this platform get railed so much on this forum. The market will dictate the price, and for practically everything there are different options at different price points. Get whatever you prefer and let everybody else do the same. Everyone finds value in something different.

Someone who actually gets it!

-- Ed

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
That wasn't the information I recieved when I asked yesterday.

Almost all rs3 pump melting posts I've seen have been Cobb AP tunes.

Weird the end user wouldn't know how to adjust their pwm tables. Most melting are DI only with no lpfs. Mpi you can see your rail BAR.

Who and what did you ask yesterday?

I have no idea if the user knows how to tune the car or if he's having someone else tune it. But if there is connector or wiring issue with the kit, tuning won't fix that.

And yes, of course a car has to have the LPFP sensor installed to be able to run closed loop.

-- Ed

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
I can totally see how an improperly crimped connector that could cause heat and melting. It wouldn't hurt for everyone with aftermarket kits check their harness every once in a while I guess. Not like it's really difficult to get to.

Checking "once in a while" is not necessary when the wiring, install, and tuning is done properly.

-- Ed