GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EPA plans to make modified cars illegal

Gino

Ready to race!
This will never happen. Its basically a sport for some. Seriously, it is.

PandaGTI

Go Kart Champion
Here's more clarification

http://www.racer.com/north-american...arifies-stance-on-road-to-racecar-conversions

"Off-Road Use Only", a label used by the aftermarket on non smog legal equipment, no longer pertains to cars and light trucks now according to the EPA...

What this means is that before we would swap out for free flowing downpipes, bigger turbos, more efficient intercoolers, free flowing intakes and it was fine for companies to sell to us because they would assume it is for "offroad" use only. And we would do our work around to pass things like smog. If you didn't pass you just put things back to stock and pass then return back to modified form after that.

This new bill would make it highly illegal and attach big fines to the consumer and the seller... if this passes you can say good bye to your APR tunes, KO4 turbos, Downpipes, and intercoolers.

Furthermore, the EPA tried to hide this in the middle of a 629 page bill hoping no one would notice. Which is typical of the government...

Here is a petition if anyone is interested in stopping this.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...posal-prohibit-conversion-vehicles-racecars-0

Jaber

Modero
Signed.

Think I read up to $33k fine per illegal mod or something :eek:

EDIT:

And it still could become technically illegal for someone to modify their car for racing in a way that doesn’t meet emissions regulations. One section in the document said the EPA “may assess a civil penalty up to $37,500 for each engine or piece of equipment in violation,” though the EPA says it cares more about these cars being used on public roads and manufacturers.

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
Fuck that noise. Signed.

Gino

Ready to race!
Signed. This thing has a bunch of signatures.

Paytrose

Ready to race!
Signed

Pakman332

Ready to race!
Signed as well. I would be depressed if this passed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Well, the thing is, its ALWAYS been illegal on a federal level to ever alter or modify the exhaust system on car, for as long as I can remember. So, not really sure what difference, if any, would occur as a result of this law. That said, still signed the petition.

Paytrose

Ready to race!
We can not let Prius owners win this battle.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

sovietsky19

Go Kart Champion
Signed!

Paytrose

Ready to race!

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Wait. Are you serious? I never know with GunKata.

Trade-in day :( :

Two Silver JDMs:

RacePrius? :iono:

Racecar: