GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Engine oil

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
As GTI's said, use a VW 502.00 approved oil and do not allow it in use of more than 5k miles or one year.
Our Owner's Manual states "your car left the factory with Full Synthetic 5W40 oil with VW 502.00 Approval.
You may use 5W30, if 5W40 isn't available, but only if the 5W30 also has the VW 502.00 Approval."

Mobil 1 came out on top of one private testing...here are those results. Note: this was mostly a wear test.
Note, some thought of as "top of the line" oils, such as Miller's, FUCHS/Quantum, etc., were not included. But note Miller's is a motorsport oil and NanoDrive CFS oils has "no manufacturer Approval." I recently read of a response by an owner who contacted Miller's and they were told Miller's is a race oil and isn't intended to be used in a daily. Miller's NanoDrive CFS should be changed more often as you would for any race car. I will add a pic of Miller's vs Pennzoil in a cold pour test showing before and after a heated and used test:
oil winner.png

You can see Miller's got a bit thick and goopy from the heat test and then cooled, but Miller's also evaporated more than the other in the test:
oil test millers.png

Last edited:

707Stang

I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
I’ve had great results with liqui-moly and Total - if you can find it at a reasonable price anymore