GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

End of lease... What to do???

theguy1084

Ready to race!
So my lease ends this November and my intention was to just buy the car at then end of the lease. If I want its like $11500. Lately though I have been thinking about instead of buying it using the money to buy something else. If I did it would be something of equal or lesser value. I have been thinking B5 S4 or maybe an 04 R32 or maybe just keep what I have. Part of me doesn't want to sell it because I have owned it since day one and it would be nice to finally have the title in hand. Plus it has low miles I think for an 08(24000) The other part of me says that there is great tunability potential for the other two cars mentioned and it would be nice to be behind the wheel of something different. I also want to keep it VDub/Audi. Any ideas?

biggee72

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2009 GTI DSG
Used euro cars are someone else's problem. 11500 is a great price

Simmsled

Parking Garage > Tree
Car(s)
its not special.
Yeah. Keep it. Something different does not mean better. You won't get anything better than what you've got for $11,500. That's for damn sure.

kayubassist

なんとなく
Car(s)
Audi A3
Keep your car.
There is no reason to degrade from what you have now.
Don't get me wrong, B5 S4 and 04 R32 are both really nice cars and I would love to own one of those. but you clearly have a newer car that you owned since day 1 and have less chance to have problems down the road. Also runs well!!

PooLeArMor

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
08 CW GTi
buy it first then sell it for later on if u find a nicely S4

racinrabbit

Professional Wheelman

x2. Keep it. That way you have a car that you know what it has been through and if by chance you find a cherry S4 or .:R then you can always sell it at that point.

theguy1084

Ready to race!
You could buy it for 11.5, then sell it for 15-17. Profit?
In theory yes but in reality I have already paid the difference.

:23:

I think in the end I will pay the 11.5 and call it mine but the debate in my head was selling it for something different after that. You all make good points about keeping it.

Simmsled

Parking Garage > Tree
Car(s)
its not special.
If I sold it for $15-16kish but yeah I hear ya:thumbsup:

You'd still have to pay taxes and title fees on anything else you purchased, switched over insurance (possibly a higher premium), etc.

11,500 + tax is cheaper than 11,500 + tax then buying MK4 R or B5 S4 around that price else + tax (again), title, plates, insurance, reconditioning. Guarantee its not going to be that low of mileage for something like a MK4 R32 or B5 S4 so figure in any reconditioning and you've sacrificed a perfectly good low mileage 1 owner car that you've been with since day 1 that you can get for 11,500.

:thumbsup:

Jtrem

Pro TeaBagger
Car(s)
'06 Gti
Used euro cars are someone else's problem. 11500 is a great price

Unless you can find a stealer deal on a used mkiv R32... keep the GTI. Most mkiv R32's I see for sale are ether abused with high mileage or in great shape and listed for way too much.

B5 S4's can be a headache in terms of maintenance.

Bruce is right though keep it and buy it. If you want something else later on it will surely be worth more than 11k.. even on trade in.

Johnny

I'm Here for the Gangbang
I've been playing the same game for a while, I owe around 13.5k. I've test driven a bunch of things (STI, MKV R32, Mini, some other stuff) and none of them felt like enough of an upgrade to warrant the extra money in loans. For the price you can get it for especially you're going to have a very hard time doing better for the money.