GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Enable and Configure Advanced Bi-Xenon Lighting, MK7 Golf R

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
With the Euro settings the xenons behave differently. At lower speeds the left headlight beam points down & far left (it’s kinda weird, like it’s broken) then straightens out above ~40mph or when coming to a stop.

Sent from Winterfell using Ravens.

That, I agree with. I guess maybe I thought you were talking specifically about the cornering lights, which point perpendicular to the headlight beams and illuminate the roadway to your immediate left and right when turning, whether stopped or moving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chahrichakib

Please allow me to introduce myself. I’m a retired electrical engineer with a passion for cars. I was a heavy unit Porsche tech until age 35, when I went back to school and ended up working in Silicon Valley for 25 years. I bought my daughter an M6 2016 R last summer. When my 2010 Corvette began to require too much cash infusion, I sold it and bought my own DSG 2017 R in January.

Here I offer my first contribution to the community - an OBDeleven edit that will unchain your neutered, weak-assed Bi-Xenon Scheinwerferen in about ten minutes. I’ve tested it on my 2017 R and on my daughter’s 2016 in multiple versions and have pages of notes from test drives, pictures of different modes, technology papers from Hella, YouTube videos, etc., but I present the edit here in the simplest form possible to limit confusion and churn.

This is not the only functional configuration, but it’s the best I’ve tested so far. Some of the features it enables: missing AFS beam patterns; adaptive horizontal beam cutoff for same flow and oncoming traffic concurrently; distance beam (Fernlicht) beginning at 55 kph with extended AFS steering response.

I recommend either running the $1.50 OBDeleven app or coding to make auto light control persistent.

happy trails….

ICmaker

Enable and Configure Advanced Bi-Xenon Lighting, MK7 Golf R

Legal
(Not DOT approved; for off road use only.)
Setup (Parked on level surface; OBDeleven; ignition on; current consumers off)
Restrictions (Driver Assist cars only, OEM; a homelink mirror will support the function in the absence of DA)

(2016) (Turn on light assist for the 2016)
A5 - Front Sensors Driver Assistance – Coding
Select: AFS__coding_Light_Assist
Change to: High_Beam_Assist (default for 2016 = no_Light_Assist)
Execute (green check)

09 - Central Electrics – Adaptation (Enable selection via menu)
Select: Assistance light functions
Select: Menuesteuerung Fernlichtassistent Werkseinstellung (Menu control Remote lighting assistant Factory setting)
Select: Present (default for 2016 = Not present)
Execute (green check)

(Car => Setup => Lights to enable Light Assist)

(2016 & 2017) (Select a hardware supported Technology Package)
09 - Central Electrics – Coding (AFS, FLA, Fernlicht (GLW, MDF) is not supported)
Select: Erweiterte_Fernlichtsteuerung (Advanced High Beam Control)
Change to: AFS, FLA, Fernlicht ueber AFS (default = AFS, FLA, BCM-Fernlicht)
Execute (green check)

(2016 & 2017) (Remove NAR Restrictions)
55 – Headlight Regulation – Coding
Select: market
Change to: ece (Default = nar)
Select: City light (enable AFS patterns)
Change to: enabled (Default = not enabled)
Select: rain_light
Change to : enabled (Default = not enabled)
Select: all_weather_light
Change to : enabled ( Default = not enabled)
Execute (green check)

55 – Headlight Regulation – Basic Settings (Run & Acknowledge Setup)
Select: Basic headlamp setting
Execute (green check)
55 – Headlight Regulation – Basic Settings
Select: Acknowledge basic setting
Execute (green check)
hello.I have a golf course in the US made in Mexico. I tried to apply your configuration, but without success.
I managed to remove the NAR restrictions at module 55, but could not change the MARCKET value.
(Select: market Change to: ece (Default = nar).
at the coding level of the electronic control unit (09) byte 2 I have only one choice: (00 lighting: halogen headlights w / o light assist (PR-8ID + 8G0).
the car lights are bi-xenon directional with intersection lights.
on the A5 module I can not find the HBA option.
finally here is the description of the three modules 09-A5-55 hoping your help, and thank you in advance.
Adresse A5: Capt Av. Assist. Cond. (R242) Labels:| 5Q0-980-653.clb
No. pièce Log: 5Q0 980 653 G Mat: 5Q0 980 653
Pièce: MQB_MFK H06 0060
No. de série: 10000359308

Adresse 55: Portée des feux (J745) Labels:| 7P6-907-357.clb
No. pièce Log: 7P6 907 357 D Mat: 7P6 907 357 A
Pièce: AFS-ECU H07 0090

Adresse 09: Centrale Elec. (J519) Labels:| 5Q0-937-08X-MV1.clb
No. pièce Log: 5Q0 937 087 AA Mat: 5Q0 937 087 AA
Pièce: BCM PQ37BOSCH 028 0162

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 310
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 270
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 314
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 250
Last edited:

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
Finally got around to doing this. Was a bit different of a situation because I have a 2017 R that had Automatic Highbeams (light assist) from the factory, but it was disabled by VW on one of my service visits due to Transport Canada deciding it's not allowed or something.

@dub_guy's post was helpful but in case anyone has the same situation to enable light assist the values to change that were different than the initial post were Menuesteuerung Fernlichtassistent (instead of Menuesteuerung Fernlichtassistent Werkseinstellung) to present, Fernlicht_assistent -> Erweiterte_Fernlichtsteuerung to AFS, FLA, Fernlicht ueber AFS (original value was AFS, BCM-Fernlicht missing FLA / light assist). The enable light assist and memory after restart values were the same as post 1.

I never bothered before but recently moved out to a small town with my parents living in the middle of no where I was actually using the high beams a lot. Light assist works great and is the most noticeable and helpful change here. The rest of them are much harder to tell the difference, but the lights definitely turn more at slow speeds and the corner light coming on quicker.

I know the thread is old but thanks @ICmaker for making the initial post.

GolfCL Smooth

Car(s)
MK4 GTI, MK7 R
Finally got around to doing this. Was a bit different of a situation because I have a 2017 R that had Automatic Highbeams (light assist) from the factory, but it was disabled by VW on one of my service visits due to Transport Canada deciding it's not allowed or something.

@dub_guy's post was helpful but in case anyone has the same situation to enable light assist the values to change that were different than the initial post were Menuesteuerung Fernlichtassistent (instead of Menuesteuerung Fernlichtassistent Werkseinstellung) to present, Fernlicht_assistent -> Erweiterte_Fernlichtsteuerung to AFS, FLA, Fernlicht ueber AFS (original value was AFS, BCM-Fernlicht missing FLA / light assist). The enable light assist and memory after restart values were the same as post 1.

I never bothered before but recently moved out to a small town with my parents living in the middle of no where I was actually using the high beams a lot. Light assist works great and is the most noticeable and helpful change here. The rest of them are much harder to tell the difference, but the lights definitely turn more at slow speeds and the corner light coming on quicker.

I know the thread is old but thanks @ICmaker for making the initial post.
Thanks for the update.
I'm currently struggling with trying to get my high beams to work on my DLA equipped euro headlights. Everything else works great. I know this is a documented issue, I should have done more reading before buying them but they were so cheap I thought I would give them a shot.
Any chance you stumbled upon a coding solution during your research and subsequent tweaks?

VW'15GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
VW GTI '15
Ok so went through all the 18 pages and came to 2 questions

First, what does this do?
09 - Central Electrics – Coding (AFS, FLA, Fernlicht (GLW, MDF) is not supported)
Select: Erweiterte_Fernlichtsteuerung (Advanced High Beam Control)
Change to: AFS, FLA, Fernlicht ueber AFS (default = AFS, FLA, BCM-Fernlicht)
Execute (green check)
Second, all this features work with HBA on only? HBA will activate not only HB when going fast but all the cool lights patterns?