GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Elliott's "meh" build thread

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
And also got primer on the front bumper.
Door skins are off as of last thing tonight and will have the holes welded first thing in the morning, while the second handle(drivers side) will be getting molded.
Then it's just the hood notch and she will be ready for paint. Hopefully more updates tomorrow.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 955

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
great work on the car man .. also looking at " widening " my rear arches .. cant wait to see how they come out

Thanks man. No crazy wide body for me, just getting cleanly pulled as far as they can go.

Last edited:

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
Really like the half filled handles - Nice work!

Andy

:biggrin: appreciate the comment

see andy, now you have to keep your car and start shaving things. I still dont think you should sell it

+1, don't sell!

imo bodywork is tedious and takes forever! i cant wait to start on mine! lol
Not been so bad as had a few hands on it at once. Work only started last Tuesday , so going pretty well. But thanks and look forward to seeing what you do when it starts. :thumbsup:

Couple old pics.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 1,124

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
Today-No pics as my phone was full of memory. Just cleared it all on to my computer. Lol over 2500 pics. And yes mainly wheels, wheels and more wheels. Along with a few tits and cars of course :)
Well we got the bonnet notch filled today and also the door holes left from the rub strips welded. Going in to the booth tomorrow after final prep in the morning. Drivers handle was basically finished this evening, just a little sanding to do to creat that nice mold on the inside where you fingers will meet just like the passengers side that we already finished.
Might have it back for the weekend but not in a major rush. Get a coat of primer on it tomorrow and double check all the lines of the car and I should have a more exciting update to do on Thursday or maybe Friday.
On a side note- might be getting a k04 sooner than I thought. My mate who recently moved the uk purchased a mkv and almost with in an instant ordered a k04 kit. Seeing he just came from an 2010 focus rs stage 4 that he had here in Spain, it wasn't a huge surprise to me. The good news for me is, he might be coming home to Spain sooner than I thought so going to see if I can get a deal of him.(best buddy's and all that) :) but ye he got a great deal him self seeing he is connected to the world of ecu remapping and his supplier sorted him out. Fingers are crossed. Maybe end of March / middle of Feb, we will know what he is doing in life. Staying in the uk= tune the mkv, coming back to Spain= sell me the kit.
:thumbsup: