GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Elliott's "meh" build thread

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
really happy with the outcome and as you can see even opted to get my steering wheel re done to match. love this about my car now.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 3,175
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 3,102
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 3,114
  • d.jpg
    d.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 3,105
  • 40.jpg
    40.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 3,098

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
bought these for cheap from a friend but yet to rebuild and buy adapters. one thing at a time they say.

Attachments

• 36.jpg
    36.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 3,164
Last edited:

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
When I get the time i will be stripping them down and powdering them at my place to look like these(not my pic):wub:, just also need to get new disks for when I do the installation.

Attachments

• f.jpg
    f.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 3,111

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
on to my wheel collection, as you can see in my sig , I am the owner of a wheel repair shop so wheels come and go to me like crazy but these are the wheels i love and have to hold on to.
first off the reps, shock horror...- i mostly daily in.

Attachments

• i.jpg
    i.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 3,133
  • 52.jpg
    52.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 3,186
  • g.jpg
    g.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 3,192
  • h.jpg
    h.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 3,166
Last edited:

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
my rs 289 and 290 yet to be fitted but things happening ,
0em 5x112 18x8.5et20 & 18x9.5et18

Attachments

• aa.jpg
    aa.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 3,154
  • dd.jpg
    dd.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 3,188
  • cc.jpg
    cc.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 3,158
  • bb.jpg
    bb.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 3,164

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
my bentleys, currently sitting on the shelf waiting on center caps then will be fully refurbished soon.

Attachments

• bentley.jpg
    bentley.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 2,912
  • bentley2.jpg
    bentley2.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 2,876

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
19" bbs speedlines, however may be fitting these to my van.:iono:

Attachments

• speed.jpg
    speed.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 1,431
  • speed2.jpg
    speed2.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 1,128
  • speed3.jpg
    speed3.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 1,109
  • speed4.jpg
    speed4.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 1,120

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
also got a set of futuras but cant find any pics, these are in a bad way (all but one finished) so still got some work to do on these to do before they will be seeing tyres.

Attachments

• oz.jpg
    oz.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 1,144
Last edited:

kylewatts

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 gti
Damn you've had a lot of rims!

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
ok- So going to miss quite a few bits out but as said above i will try come back and edit them in at a later date. Its all normal stuff, eg. install pics of most of list above regarding mounts,tint, rcd510, exhaust.... but all things we have seen time and time again. The car has always been maintained and looked after thoroughly, with an oil change every 15/20,000klm along with cam follower changes and break ,maintenance.
She is sadly getting into the high mileage category at 115000klm. Not crazy but when you buy her new and she goes past that 100k mark it makes her feel old. Belt is yet to be changed and high on the "to do list".
Never had any issues with it - touch wood- other than standard stuff. Faulty coil pack and at that time i upgraded to the Audi RS4 ones and have been going strong ever since. Replaced both disks, fronts twice. Always used oem pads. I have had the Forge DV since I went stage one as that was something that gave way almost in an instant, never had any issues since, just the odd service once in a blue moon.
Had all four wheel bearings replaced about 6 months ago. Got one issue with the airbag light that i have never figured out but that's just being lazy on that topic. Its the passengers side seat that is the issue and a common fault just like i say never got round to sorting it out. The only other thing i can think of was my lamb sensor went bad and had to replace that at quite an expense for just a wire. Other than these few things i have had great luck with the car seeing its an 07 and i have always read a few horror storys but thankfully for me no such bad luck. Reason I still have my car, never felt the need to replace it and it still puts a smile on my face every day I drive it. Put so much time and money in I'm not sure I will ever sell..(figure of speech really but yet to see)

Last edited: